Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Double check on cf rgbw wiring

I know what the spec sheet says, and how to do the calculations (I don't use that calculator)...

What values did YOU plug into them?? And which colors?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I know what the spec sheet says, and how to do the calculations (I don't use that calculator)...

What values did YOU plug into them?? And which colors?
    source voltage= 7.4
    Vf= red 2.2 green 3.35 blue 3.2 white 3.2 ....volts
    mA=700

Ah. OK. I see the issue. First blue and green can be 3.3-3.4V as the typical Vf AND those can be run at 1A. So, with that said you can use the 4.7 Ohm, 5W resistors the store carries. I will caution you that they are huge!!! You can connect the Red to the main LED Pads and it won't need a resistor.

As an alternative to the huge resistors, you could mount SMD resistors to power extenders and save yourself some space that way. I know I work with someone who posted their drawings, I thought it was you.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Wow thanks. That's great. So the same resistor should work for all 3 blue green and white..

Red goes to main, blue goes to channel 1, green goes to channel 2.

RGB stands for Red/Green/Blue (no white). You can use combinations of RGB to generate FoC colors. See my Illustrious build.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Right I understand. However my led is a rgbw so there is a white available to double up with one of the other LEDs for a different color spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by e13azar View Post
    Right I understand. However my led is a rgbw so there is a white available to double up with one of the other LEDs for a different color spectrum.
    You can't double it up, without screwing up either red, blue or green. If you look at the picture on page 34 in the manual, you'll notice a LED is not hooked up. Care to guess which color it is?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Right right...lol.
    I'm just going off of what erv told me. He's the one that said I could double up dice.
    Of course this was right before he released the cf 7 with 4 spots for dice. Arghh.
    Wish I would have waited just one month.

Doubling up dice is ok if they are the same color. When you mix colors by doubling them up, you really screw up your ability to accurately mix colors. Besides, if you use RICE, you can mix RGB to come very close to a white.

More isn't always better, sometimes it's just more, which sometimes can actually wind up being less.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 02-14-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines