Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CF 6.5 color mixing problems

Default CF 6.5 color mixing problems

so i finally got my resistors in but it is not looking good. i fired it up for the first time and even without the board booting the green (more so than the others) is on even without ignition. here is a diagram of my setup.

also. once i did connect via rice port it was able to change the brightness of all LEDs however when i turn all to minimum the only one that fully turns out is the red amber and blue. the green still is causing some problems
    also i noticed the resistors seem to be running extremely hot. and they are calculated to be higher wattage rating than what is needed. what could be the problem?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    best blaster refracting emitter... 450 Imperial Credits
    custom quadrinineum crystal... 1020 Imperial Credits
    droxsus catheum power cell... 400 Imperial Credits

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

Well, first off, we would need to see actual pictures of what you have done they need to be good, high quality close up shots.

I also have no idea why you are attaching your amber to the 3.3V pad. It sounds to me like you have a short somewhere.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

that does look like it could be the problem. looks like the insulating layer on some of the wires didn't last so well considering how hot i had to get those pads to melt the solder...
    soldering anything on these stars is a pain!

knowing you just built the most awesome saber... priceless. there are some things money can't buy for everything else. there's the Master Imperial Credit card.

That's one (of the several) reasons why many don't use LedEngins any more. Also the fact that you have one die connected to the 3.3V pad isn't helping.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

wait... what? O.o i thought there was 2 pads for each dice

Quote Originally Posted by Danz409 View Post
    wait... what? O.o i thought there was 2 pads for each dice
    On the LED, there is a (+) and a (-) for each of the 4 dice. Typically we only use RGB (3 dice) for color mixing...
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

i am useing only 3. the amber is wired to the pad labeled FoC for the flash on clash effects if this LED causes too much troubles i do have a luxion tri-rebel i can use in its place. i may just try that

Quote Originally Posted by Danz409 View Post
    i am useing only 3. the amber is wired to the pad labeled FoC for the flash on clash effects if this LED causes too much troubles i do have a luxion tri-rebel i can use in its place. i may just try that
    No, you are using all four. It looks like you have the amber and green (or amber and red) wired to FoC1.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc...10-v1.2-GB.pdf page 34 shows how you should wire up color-mixing without the color extender.
    thats exactly how i have mine wired up other than the fact my "amber" is also wired to a pad labled "FoC

well i found out what the pad labled "FoC" is, its a pre-amped line for the color mixing board. so thats not going to do anything on the amber die. since i wouldn't be able to make use of all 4 die (unless i wire the amber/red on the same line) ill just use the tri-rebel and see how that works