Thread: RGB color combos using dip switch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RGB color combos using dip switch

Hello,

I am looking to modify one of my blades with a 3 DIP switch. Each DIP will control a color to toggle it on/off.

The idea is to toggle in all combos to get all 7 colors.

My question is, if I have the switches in a setting like : R / R / G, the idea would be to get yellow. But if 2 reds are on with 1 green, wouldn't the red overpower the green ? Or would I essentially be getting something close to orange ?

I guess I could toggle one light off and just keep R/G/off to get an even mix. But I don't want to lose any brightness.

Does this make sense ?

Sorry if I poorly explained it.

Thanks.

What kind of LED are you planning to use?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    What kind of LED are you planning to use?
    LED Engin LZ4 10W Multi Color

Quote Originally Posted by araffa040872 View Post
    LED Engin LZ4 10W Multi Color
    Ah. With what you are thinking of doing, you may be better off with a Tri-Rebel R/G/rB.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

that makes sense. Engin LZ4 seems overkill.

Do you think Tri-Rebel would work in a Joe Jedi?

Aside from that does my original post make any sense ? In other words, do you think a setting of R/R/G for example would would overpower the green? Or if I were to toggle any of the 3 DIPS to off lets say off/R/off, make a really dim blade ?

Again sorry if I am not making much sense. I am quite the noob at this so far.

thanks again.

It couldn't be any worse than what you have now. I don't really deal with conversions and/or economy boards. SS (or one of the others more experienced in this area) will probably be along later to chime in on this, he knows more in this specific area than I do.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines