Thread: Fried amp circuit Nano Biscotte

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Fried amp circuit Nano Biscotte

Well it seems i have fried my speaker circuit in my nano biscotte while disassembling the saber it must have shorted on the hilt somewhere. Who in the states repairs these and is it even worth the time to send in to repair one. Albeit shipping and repairs or just purchasing a new one.

And i know some will ask so i have tested the speaker on my igniter board works fine in that one, the led and flicker still function on nb board just no sound. I also have desoldered and resoldered the board numerous times thinking i may have bridged the tabs.

You can PM Zook. He would be the person who handles that here in the states. Yes, it's worth it to repair it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you I will look him up.

Got the PM and replied.
    MH on FX-Forums

I'm experiencing the same problem on my v1. After buying a used saber with a NB v1 installed i decided to clean up the electronics a bit and didnt notice that the recharge port and the momentary switch wires had frayed heat shrink and were all touching. the board worked fine for a few days but died after charging for the night. when i removed the charger there was no boot sound but the saber still lights but no sound. I emailed plecter labs and they said most likely fried audio amp. Id much rather have it repaired here in the states than having to ship abroad.

I tried to PM Zook but the system wont let me as I just recently registered. How do i get in contact with zook if I cant PM?

Was able to send a PM to Zook

I'm not able to pm you either but am in a similar situation. I'm running a NBV3 with recharge port, illuminated AV switch and a 12w saberforge LED. I have made sure I don't have anything bridged and rechecked the soldering several times. My saber lights up and everything works as intended except for the sound. I've reformatted the SD card and copied the files back to it. I've switched out two different speakers and there doesn't appear to be any visible damage to the audio amp. I wired up the speaker and battery only and still have no sound. This is a board I purchased around February but have just gotten around to wiring it up. I guess the amp is blown. It just sucks to finally put everything together and have no sound on the first startup. I can't send a PM yet so I guess I need to get up with Zook somehow to have this board repaired.

I'd like to see if my board is repairable. It arched on something and now the main leds will not turn off when turned off... Everything else still works perfectly, main and foc leds while on, sound, and charging. There is a small burn mark on the board that I'm guessing has bridged something preventing the leds from turning off. Very frustrating...

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

I believe that I have the same problem with a nb v4.. and I also require your skill services please lmk if you can help