Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Filling jedi pouches

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default Filling jedi pouches

I have recently got my little hands on 3 "functional" jedi pouches.

Now, I figured there's no point having my costume with actual functional pouches with nothing to put in them, so a few questions ahead here

Firstly as most of us will know to make a jedi comlink, you will need a popular branded lady razor that is now discontinued , so does anybody have any ideas on an alternative to this, I have looked all through the different razors available. Discount shops/stores, junk shops, diy places, supermarkets, I've looked to avail.

Secondly what else other than a breather do Jedi's fill there pouches with?

Come on people I want inspiring lol.

Pics are more than welcome here

Tools to fix your lightsaber? Food?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Force Aware
    Force Aware

That's a good idea, I just stumbled across a site where a guy had built just that (lightsaber tools) he had also made a mock up of a lightsaber powercell, that actually glowed, which I thought was a pretty good idea. Still could do with any ideas on this comlink :-S.

What about other types of tech devices? Depending on how big the pouches are you could have a spot for a datapad (aka a smartphone), Jedi macrobinoculars (from Clone Wars series), or a small device used for slicing. Also, it looks like there are a few of those "popular branded" lady razors still available on Amazon and eBay.
    The above statements GREATLY depends on what battery solution as well as what sound card you plan on using to run your saber. Limitations will probably apply. Your mileage may vary. Any visual impairments are the sole responsibility of the saber builder/user. - Forgetful Jedi Knight

You might want to look through local thrift shop/dollar stores for the discontinued Sensor Excel razors...I've found 'old stock' of them in such shops for a buck apiece [they didn't know what they had lol] as recently as a couple years ago.

Besides the Commlink and Aquata breather the thing that seemed most common for PT era Jedi to put in their third pouch was a grappling hook/spike line launcher or a medical kit. Other typical utility belt items besides the food capsules included holoprojector, electrobinoculars, chance cube [QGJ in TPM] and a sum of Republic datarie credits required by their mission.

IRL for our hobby use one could also carry spare batteries for removable battery sabers, a spare kill key and one of the small chargers for rechargeable sabers, a blade plug for if/when one removes the blade, a spare bladeholder set/thumbscrew and matching hex key, and possibly spare LED+heatsink modules [which some older sabers used for changing blade colours before the newer RGB colour changing tech].

Plus of course if one is trooping/cons Real Life items like cell phone, wallet, keys, con/event tickets, food - and one thing that movie Jedi never seemed to carry for some inexplicable reason; water [why did movie Jedi NEVER carry a simple CANTEEN on their utility belts even on desert planets like Tatooine? They carried food capsules but no water? Always seemed a peculiar oversight to me].

For food I was thinking of carring bullion cubes, shiney littler gold foil cubes look sort of futuristic, but they are salty, Then I started looking up DIY energy bars. found this over on Instructables ProteinEnergy-Bars-T-rexs-grey-cubes/#intro haven't made any yet but the ingredients seem better than 'flavored' salt.

If you google 'pocket grappling hook' you'll see a nice design.
    They carried food capsules but no wate
    Maybe they carried dehydrated water.

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Thanks guys, some brilliant ideas, I loved the chance cube, completely forgot about that be a great little prop but should be fairly simple to make.

I have real world stuff covered lol someone else suggested that lol, but I really want to keep the pouches for props.

My saber is rechargeable so I don't need to carry actual batteries but I could probably make a prop replacement powercell, I have seen one before on a site and it looked really cool.

Obviously I will put in a breather and comlink (once I find the lady shave lol) talking of lady shave, I have seen the ones on eBay and Amazon, was hoping to get something a bit cheaper but looks like if I want one I'm gonna be paying for that, as I've had no luck.

I may also put some prop lightsaber tools in as well as an actual hex key and some other actual replacement bits like was suggested.

But please please keep the suggestions coming. And if you have pictures of the props that's an even bigger help

Cheers

Not sure how screen-accurate these are, but http://www.jedigearandgadgets.builtfree.org/ has a lot of great ideas and passion for filling his pouches. Comlink, grappling hook launcher, spare lightsaber cell, data sphere capsule, crystal storage unit, lightsaber tools, food and energy capsules, holoprojector, probe droid... perhaps add a droid caller?

Holoprojector to talk to Master Yoda B-)

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.