Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to get MPS inserts in easier.

Default How to get MPS inserts in easier.

Ok so I was having a ton of trouble getting my MPS insert in my pommel. I tried the needle nose clips and that stuff and I just couldn't get it in. But I have found a new way that is easier for me. Take your pommel and your insert. Put the insert in the pommel. Next flip the pommel to the insert is facing you. After that take a hammer and beat the middle of the insert three to four times and then beat the edges. If you don't want to risk it and want to see me do it first I will post a video and put the link here. I beat the edges until I saw a mark there. In case you don't know what I mean watch the video that will be here tomorrow or later tonight.

I've read that a few times, and I'm still not grasping what you're doing. I will say that out of all my tools, a hammer is not one I use regularly for saberbuilding.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I've read that a few times, and I'm still not grasping what you're doing. I will say that out of all my tools, a hammer is not one I use regularly for saberbuilding.
    Me neither.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Definitely gonna need to see a video, although this doesn't sound safe whatsoever (for you or your parts).

Are you having problems getting the insert into the pommel or is it getting the Snap Ring into the groove to hold the inisert in place?

A lot of people have problems with the snap ring [also called 'christ pins' because thats what you yell as it flies across the shop and rolls under the bench]. To make life easier you need a special pliers like these Snap-ring-pliers. I also found them at home depot but for a whole lot more.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

You can also just put a note on the order asking me to install it if you want..
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I took my pommel with the insert in and beat the middle a few times to make sure it was in and after that I beat the edges of my MPS insert so it's slanted and bent into the pommel at an angle. Sorry I don't know how to explain this hopefully the pictures will show you what I mean. I am taking these photos with an iPad so it's not very good quality. I tested to see if it would come out and I couldn't unless if I put a lot of pressure it might come out. And just as a side note, me and my brother do heavy dueling and this thing is staying in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Darth Kenobi; 01-12-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Wait, you're trying to put the insert in from the back of the pommel? It goes INSIDE, and then you hold it in place with the MPS clip.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

OMG I'm speechless. What on earth were you thinking? It certainly has that worn weathered look now.

Are you kidding? Wow I didn't notice that. I feel really dumb now. That's why I couldn't get it in I tried for two days and just hammered it in there. I like the way it looks though.
    Last edited by Darth Kenobi; 01-12-2014 at 08:42 PM.