Thread: Compatibility

Default Compatibility

I tried a couple searches in the forum and in google, but I haven't found anything yet..... So.....

Is there a list somewhere or has anyone had experience with what saber builder's sabers are compatible with the custom saber shop saber parts?

By that I mean that I have purchased two sabers recently, one from Genesis Custom Sabers (ascend) and the other from Ultrasabers (dark initiate). I love the ascend, but I would like to change the pummel of the initiate. Can I purchase one of tcss pummels to fit on the Ultrasaber initiate? Will the threads match or are they not so interchangeable?
    If anyone has any experience, I would love to hear from you.
    Thanks in advance.
    JP

The only reputable source for TCSS compatible parts is Orbital Machining (Acerocket), but he doesn't build completed sabers.

I'm fairly certain that GCS uses TCSS parts, or else it's full custom.

Some of the US parts are "compatible" with TCSS threading. Not all of the parts are compatible, and the ones with matching threads don't always match up as well as you'd like.

You can try to swap out a pommel, but be aware that it may not work as well as you like. If that's the case, then you've already got one piece towards your next saber.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Which version of the Dark Initiate do you have? If it's the newest, the V3, it is MHS Compatible. I just checked the US site and it says that saber can use MHS pommels from TCSS. If it's the V2, you might need to email ultra and ask them about compatibility. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eshley View Post
    Which version of the Dark Initiate do you have? If it's the newest, the V3, it is MHS Compatible. I just checked the US site and it says that saber can use MHS pommels from TCSS. If it's the V2, you might need to email ultra and ask them about compatibility. Good luck!
    US saying it doesn't necessarily make it so. It MIGHT work for a part here and there, if you're lucky.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks for the info guys.
    I think I will try my luck and order one after Christmas, when I have more money.