Thread: Christmas collection

Default Christmas collection

Those of you that followed the tread in A-Z builds know that I was building some PVC - Sink tube sabers for my friends this christmas. Was a hard job to build 14 in one and a half month, but hey! I finished!.

Some of them are already on their owners house, but I have time this morning to take a pic of the other ones.

As you can see in the picture from left to right:

-Amber: ultimate fx soundboard
    -Yellow: nano biscotte
    -Blue: hasbro cheapo sound
    -Blue: hasbro cheapo sound
    -Blue: nano biscotte
    -Blue: stunt saber
    -Red: hasbro cheapo sound
    -Red: nano biscotte
    -Green: stunt saber

All of them weathered and done with custom pvc chassis. Hope you like them

That's quite a collection! I really like the design of your sabers - they look like they have a lot of character. Congratulations on finishing 14 sabers in a month and a half! I definitely wish I had the time and resources to be able to pull that off. Anyway, i'm sure that your friends will be thrilled!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

How much did all that run you my friend?

Impressive. Most impressive. I really like how they have a very consistent style between all of them, but plenty of variation to make each one unique. Great work.

wow I'm stunned.
    I have 10 little cousins all around 8-13 years old I was thinking of doing something like this but was kind of intimidated.
    You have inspired me. (well maybe for next year )

Spanish mode ON]
    ?Artista! Te has salido macho, menuda foto de familia... Me encanta el acabado que les has dado con la pintura. Tremendo. Mi enhorabuena.
    [/Spanish mode OFF]

You?re an artist! Way too cool of a job, man, fantastic family photo... I really do like your paint jobs and finish. Terrific. Congratulations.

You...are...mad. And I mean that in the best possible way. This is insane, and beautiful.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Thank you guays, it's great to see that hard job likes, that's the best reward alwais

Sevinzol: I did another 2 stunts for friend's kids that are around 4 years and I did with 25mm PVC (0,98 in.) using 20mm polyC. tube (0,78 in.) shorten that big ones. It's very easy to do if you set the switch in te pommel and power them just with a 2xAA battery holder. They are way smaller and lighter so kids can play with them easily

Vazan maceu: Gracias hombre, la pintura es mi fuerte, a fin de cuentas es mi trabajo del d?a a d?a. / Thank you man, painting is my best point as it's my daily work.

ty_bomber: Not sure about the meaning of that sentence (my english is just enought to talk with simple sentences), if it's what i'm thinking about, all of them was around 650 € (895 $). Working on PVC it's cheap, just timming consuming, problem is to find cheap soundboards in Europe as you can buy an electronic lightsaber in USA around 19$ and the same saber in Europe is around 38€ (52 $). Electronics usually have the change to 1-1 so if you can buy a LED at about 7 $ we can buy it at about 7 € (9,61$).

Mandalorian: i'm sure that there will be a moment when I'll be just run off ideas so I should repeat

Mandojoe: yeah, i'm a freak!

Starwinder: to be honest there was a moment that I thought it was impossible as i had to work, clean the house, build sabers... I was lucky that my parents was at home a few days visiting us and my father did all the blades for me while I was working. And my wife helped me too sanding the PVC pipes after cutting

You are very talented!! I love them!