Thread: Cane Saber v6 for K.B. by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Cane Saber v6 for K.B. by LDM

Cane Saber v6

Interest has dramatically increased of late with regard to cane sabers. Although I still carefully screen them, I find that I seem to always have one or two on my build log. This one is a Christmas gift for the client's sister's partner who was recently diagnosed with a severely debilitating disease. I was given full creative freedom on this project, so I will not be overly verbose in my description. The hilt is mainly MHS in an L-shaped cane configuration with carbon fiber inlaid grip and a number of classic saber design cues. I couldn't remember if I quoted her for sound or not, but being Christmas, I added it anyways. MR boards are great in canes due to their durability and limited feature set. It lights up, it hums and it has motion sounds...that's it and that is all it needs to do. As with all canes, I did it at cost (actually less since I added sound) but I always love these projects and this one was no different. I sure hope it is a merry Christmas for it's recipient.

Particulars:
    MR ROTJ sound
    LDM HO speaker and machined resonance
    18650 power w/2.1mm recharge in pommel
    Copper and flat black Powder Coating
    Carbon Fiber decal
    LDM 3W Emerald Green LED

The BMT:

The Glams:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Looks great LDM - very functional and classic look to it. And that emerald green LED looks sick!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

How great! I bet she'll love it.
    "It makes it so much more interesting when the odd are stacked against you, don't you think?" -- Han Solo (from Force Heretic III: Reunion)

My first Saber in progress!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks fellas. I always feel gratified in building these. They are meant to be functional so they rarely draw design kudos, but they are about so muck MORE than the sum of their parts after all
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!