Thread: Xiohara's Saber Staff by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Xiohara's Saber Staff by LDM

Xiohara

This is a commission I took because I wanted the challenge, which was this: "Create a saber staff that is an evolution of K3GR1 Oxidium and give it claws." Oh yeah, it is for the expressed use of Martial Arts combat. First problem was a claw design. I have a few from various projects that I have going. These are designed for an upcoming project. The 3D modelling was done by Force Relics and the two sets of claws cost ~$575. You guessed it, this is one seriously expensive project and it has no sound. The saber needed to be as close to 5'10" from tip to tip as possible. It ended up at 5' 9 1/2". I went with a Corbin V2 driver as this one's heart. Also used a 1200 mAh Li-ion pack with a red ring switch and recharge port. The faux leather-wrap grips are weathered to match the Oxidium weathering. I hope she is satisfied with it.

Particulars:
    MHS-blank-based Custom machined hilt
    Double-set of Quinaesnadia Claws (stainless)
    Corbin V2 Driver
    7.4V Li-ion (1200mAh)
    Red 3W LDM LEDs
    Faux Leather Wrap Grips
    CT Wheel
    Oxidium Weathering
    Red-ring AV

The BMT:

The Glams:

All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Very original and VERY intimidating. Even without sound, this saber is exquisite. You hit this one out of the park, Mark.

This is a very good looking saber. All of the custom work is amazing. Well done indeed.

Personally, I don't like claws on lightsabers. They look good here, though. I definitely wouldn't like to be on the business-end of this one.

It bears repeating: I really love how this saber staff came out! So menacing!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

The overall visual feel of this saber is... perfect. The weathering, the flow, the detailing... perfect. Wow.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks folks. This one was quite fun to make and demonstrates the versatility of the MHS system.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

First I like the staff, the weathering is superb.

Second can someone give me some more info on a corbin driver? I tried looking it up but all I found were 4-5 year old posts. I gather its a current regulator that seems to have [very subtle] shimmer effects (one person said they couldn't see/get them to work). The corbindas.com website is no more and there hasn't been a post in the "corbin's components" on the fx-saber boards in 3 years.

Its obviously a step up from a hasbro sound board (power wise) is/was it cheaper than a nano biscotte? Are these still available?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    First I like the staff, the weathering is superb.

Second can someone give me some more info on a corbin driver? I tried looking it up but all I found were 4-5 year old posts. I gather its a current regulator that seems to have [very subtle] shimmer effects (one person said they couldn't see/get them to work). The corbindas.com website is no more and there hasn't been a post in the "corbin's components" on the fx-saber boards in 3 years.

Its obviously a step up from a hasbro sound board (power wise) is/was it cheaper than a nano biscotte? Are these still available?
    It did indeed provide PWM in a neat little driver package (gives those great blade effects). I had 3 left (used one and sold 2 on Fx in my misc parts thread). They were ~$45 if i recall correctly. The Drivers in the shop now are the more modern versions of the Corbin Drivers and provide PWM, I believe.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Jagkupan View Post
    Looks nice, i guess you must have put lot of effort into it.
    You could say that.