Thread: "Delta" - MHS Reveal with Crystal Chamber

Default "Delta" - MHS Reveal with Crystal Chamber

Hey fellow saber enthusiasts! I've been here and there for a little while and it's been a while since I posted a complete build. Well, I'm back and here's my most recently completed project.

The owner of this saber contacted me via a social networking site. He had some MHS parts and wanted to bring them to life a bit more than just the stock "kit". His stipulations were an amber blade, PCv2.0 w/ FoC?, a crystal chamber, and some kind of weathering. I give this client all my respect since he was extremely patient with me during this process. Things in the project changed and I also had some setbacks in life which results in delays. So again, I thank him very much for all of his patience. He has also named this saber "Delta".

He originally sent a link to a Madcow saber in which he wanted the weathering to be closely replicated. I spoke to the always-nice Snowman Assassin himself and he said he didn't have a huge problem with it as long as it wasn't too similar. I experimented with some different weathering techniques and came up with one of my personal favorite weathering schemes that I've done to-date.

Specs

- Send-in MHS Pieces-
    - PCv2.0 running Madcow's "Fates" with custom boot-
    - Tri-CREE RGB mixed for Amber w/ Violet FoC? -
    - 7.4V 14650 Battery Pack -
    - "Matte-Worn" Weathering -
    - Quartz Crystal Chamber w/ Custom-Machined Brass hardware -
    - Full Chassis System -
    - 2W Speaker -

Project Pics
    [size=8pt]*look kids! Wiring pics!*[/size]

Detail

DONE!

Video
    [size=10pt]Video is zoomed for me in Fullscreen; no idea why. Working on it.[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbZpWxU3BwI
    Last edited by Takanis; 11-19-2013 at 09:32 AM.
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

wow thats amazing. I wish I had the tools to do a crysatal chamber!!! Nice work !!

Everything about this saber is awesome! Especially the amber blade. This makes me want to try and work out a crystal chamber.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the nice words!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    Everything about this saber is awesome! Especially the amber blade. This makes me want to try and work out a crystal chamber.
    Hey, you never know until your try. This was my first one
    -Takanis-

Awesome! Really nice job on the crystal chamber and the weathering!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Very nice saber
    Clicky Sig =>

That saber looks great! Do you mind elaborating on how you weathered the saber? It's subtle but very effective at adding character!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    That saber looks great! Do you mind elaborating on how you weathered the saber? It's subtle but very effective at adding character!
    It's a combination of using Aluminum Black and a clear coat I don't want to elaborate too much.
    -Takanis-