Thread: "Chameleon" by Yoshi-Taka

Default "Chameleon" by Yoshi-Taka

Technically I didn't lie; Twilight Sparkle was supposed to be the last one, but this one took a bit longer to get to me.

A few weeks ago, a user on ebay came to me asking if I could repair his lightsabers. After determining that I couldn't, I offered to build him brand new ones of my own design. The original sabers were a pair named "Chameleon". They were white bladed sabers that used filters. He was also using them a both a pair of sabers and a saberstaff. Naturally I was excited to build a saberstaff, because I'd never done one before. After this build, I can only pray that I never do one again. I mean, I like the concept but they're a pain in the butt to build!
    On the other hand, I got to do a pair of reverse sound sabers which was neat too! Also a pain in the butt..

They were originally gonna be red and blue sabers, but I forgot to get a resistor for the red because I thought I had one. I don't. However, I had a spare green one to use so I adjusted the concept a bit. Rather than colour-changing sabers, they're more Light/Dark changing sabers. The blades are "Jedi" colours, but the Vader OT font in each saber can mark them as "Sith" sabers. Which are they? I dunno; that's up to their new owner.

Also, a quick callback to a previous thread: forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?15589-Double-blade-saber-with-2-different-colors
    Challenge accepted. Challenge achieved. Still don't like double-bladed lightsabers.

SPECS
    2x Nano Biscotte v1.0 ("Vader OT" font)
    2x 3.7v 18650 2600mAh li-ion battery
    2x Premium speaker
    1x Luxeon Rebel Star (blue)
    1x Luxeon Rebel Star (green)
    2x In-hilt recharge port

PICS

VIDEO

For the record, no the holes in the chokes are not evenly spaced or lined up in a row. Yes, it drives my ocd freaking insane!

Very cool. I like the simple design, and the fact that you crammed all that stuff so closely together by the choke is amazing. Great job.

Thanks! It was not easy by any means. But they're really balanced as a staff, which is what matters.

nice design. only thing i would've had done different was to have the switch holes and BH holder screws all lined up. otherewise good lookin' staff.

Wise words do not distinguish a Consular, but the choices they make.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, NEVER for attack.

Seriously, Yoshi? Already? Come on, man. You're killing me with awesome. *sigh*

Looks good, as always. I do however miss your own personal flair for style that's been so ingrained in my head when I think of you. Never thought I'd say it, but I miss your Bronysabers.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    nice design. only thing i would've had done different was to have the switch holes and BH holder screws all lined up. otherewise good lookin' staff.
    If I were the one doing the drilling for the switch holes, they would have lined up. I didn't think to ask to have it done that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoJoe View Post
    Seriously, Yoshi? Already? Come on, man. You're killing me with awesome. *sigh*

Looks good, as always. I do however miss your own personal flair for style that's been so ingrained in my head when I think of you. Never thought I'd say it, but I miss your Bronysabers.
    That's what I like it about these: they're not for me. My little pun with the blade colours and soundfont is as personal as it gets (I mean, I did pick my personal favourite font).
    Don't worry though, the Bronysabers are coming back. I'll be celebrating my birthday with Cadance.

Thanks for the kind words, both of you.

Nice Yoshi. I like the simple straight look - good as a pair or as a single saberstaff. And as for the holes in the choke, not being even just gives the sabers character!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

lol, yes I suppose it does. Still drives me up the wall, but at least I won't have to look at them again [for a long time, anyway].
    Arigato gozaimasu. Depite the frustrations, imperfection, and physical pain of building them, I'm very proud of these sabers. I know the new owner is gonna love them.
    Also, sumimasen for the bad Japanese that's bound to pop up in the future.