Thread: Luke ROTJ MHS Custom

Default Luke ROTJ MHS Custom

This saber was built using some extra parts I had laying around plus some new ordered MHS parts. Luke's lightsaber from ROTJ has always been my favorite and the MHS system has allowed me to make my own custom version in the same stlye. I did some custom paint weathering to match the look of the saber from the film and used a vintage copper paint on the neck/choke area to give the saber a really nice, used look. The box style I used makes this saber very comfortable to handle and duel with.

Features:
    -Nano Bicotte sound with Madcows Bespin II Font
    -Luxeon Rbel Star-Green
    -In hilt recharge system
    -MHS Chassis disc
    -Custom paint and weathering

The weathering is nice, but the rest of the saber looks a little pristine. I think weathering the rest of the saber would improve the look.

It's a fine design, and looks very well built. Good job!
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks. The weathering is minor on the rest of the saber. The pics make it look newer than it actually looks in person. I've started carrying this saber with my Jedi costume for Rebel legion events. I want any further weathering to happen naturally, but I may change my mind and go heavier on the weathering. Thanks again for the input.

A classic. Very nice job on the weathering. Chassis is nice and neat too.

Great job.

Good take on a classic! It's always nice to see that activation box in use.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Nice job. Solid saber.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Looks really nice. To me reminds me of a mix of new and weathered. The dark copper looks aged too since its a dark shade.
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Thanks a lot. I'm glad you all like it.