Thread: Wedding gallery ones.

Default Wedding gallery ones.

Hi all.

As I told in my first post I started with saber building as one of my friends will marry tomorrow and we want to surprise them doing the corridor with lightsabers.

I build 7 for this purpose with PVC and sink tube. I used 5w huey jann leds blue and green and one 3w red huey jann led. as I told before, finding materials in europe at reasonable shipping cost it's not easy, but i'm very happy with those leds.

Red one is a gift for the fiance and works with a Harbro economy elctronic lightsaber soundboard. It's my own version of vader's saber. I'm plenty happy to say that I did a very good resonance box for the hasbro's speaker and it sound very loud and deep, just like a sith's saber should sound!
    Another one works with a nano biscotte (and after building both soundboards i think the extra cost is really deserved, even if both worked at the same quality and it's not the case, nano bicotte is lot easier to connect!).
    Another one works with a yoda's furby soundboard and other 4 are just stunt sabers.

by the way.. anyone knows how to blue a sink tube? I tried brass black and perma blue and it only works if chrome coat is sanded.

Well it was near 2 months of reading a lot, searching materials, making tests, breaking my mind with sound troubles, battery troubles, etc... (economy boards are fragile, very fragile), but I can't wait tomorrow to see their faces

I'm sorry for bad pics, I just took them with my phone as i hadn't so much time.

Those look really great! I'm sure your friend will be thrilled.

Chrome is a pain to weather and make it look aged. It's resistant to many chemicals, that's why it's used to keep things shiny.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Nice work. I am a big fan of the weathering!
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Hey these look great Arsies! Really nice job with the PVC and the weathering. Looks like it will be one great wedding party!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Whoa, fantastic job! I had lightsabers at my wedding party, too... We had such a good time!

[Spanish mode ON]
    ¡Ostras, están fantásticos! En la celebración de mi boda también tuvimos sables de luz... ¡Y nos lo pasamos pipa!
    [Spanish mode OFF]

Well after wedding I have to say that everyone wanted a saber at the end!

wife and husband was very excited with the surprise, and they liked a lot. Pictures aren't so good as we were little bit drunk but hey, it was a wedding :P