Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Okay!!! Here we go!

The main LED will connect to the (LED-) and the (+) on the board. See page 9 of the NB manual. Don't forget to wire in your resistor.

The switch only connects to the board. You don't connect the main LED to your switch. Any accent LEDs (like the LEDs inside an illuminated AV switch) will have to be wired separately.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    If you are talking about the pre-wired AV switches, you would have to do the soldering of the other half of that JST yourself. the pre-wired NB's haven't taken the AV LED wire into account... yet, but I'm sure Tim will be working on it.
    Okay wait so should that jst I have hooked up to the switch spot for the nb be hooked up to the jst for the led?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    The main LED will connect to the (LED-) and the (+) on the board. See page 9 of the NB manual. Don't forget to wire in your resistor.

The switch only connects to the board. You don't connect the main LED to your switch. Any accent LEDs (like the LEDs inside an illuminated AV switch) will have to be wired separately.
    Oh so I shouldn't wire the switch to the main led, I should wire both Jsts to the board, and then the led to the board as well. Do I need a resistor for the AV switch like I did for before I got the sound board?

Quote Originally Posted by J-door8 View Post
    Oh so I shouldn't wire the switch to the main led, I should wire both Jsts to the board, and then the led to the board as well. Do I need a resistor for the AV switch like I did for before I got the sound board?
    Are you using a pre-wired AV switch?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by J-door8 View Post
    No, you can't wire the switch to the LED like you did before you got a soundboard. Also, is the switch that you have a momentary or latching?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    No, you can't wire the switch to the LED like you did before you got a soundboard. Also, is the switch that you have a momentary or latching?
    Sorry yes pre wired and okay so both ends of the switch go to the board then I'll fix that. The soundboard needs a momentary right?

Also, I think I just realized what you guys are trying to tell me sorry, the jst for the AV LED needs to be cut off and I need to solder those two wires to something else... Is that what you're saying? I saw that the NB has room for one power indicator LED, would that be what I wired the AV LED to? Or would I have to splice the negative and the positive into something else?
    Last edited by J-door8; 10-11-2013 at 10:04 PM.

You can connect the AV LED to the power indicator spots on your board, or you can wire it parallel to your main LED. If you wire it to the power indicator location, then the switch LED will be on all the time. If you wire it parallel with your main LED, then the switch LED will turn on and off with the blade. You'll need a soldering iron for this, as the prewired NB doesn't have a location to plug in AV switch LEDs.

And yes, the soundboard needs a momentary switch.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    You can connect the AV LED to the power indicator spots on your board, or you can wire it parallel to your main LED. If you wire it to the power indicator location, then the switch LED will be on all the time. If you wire it parallel with your main LED, then the switch LED will turn on and off with the blade. You'll need a soldering iron for this, as the prewired NB doesn't have a location to plug in AV switch LEDs.

And yes, the soundboard needs a momentary switch.
    Awesome so I'll get back and make some changes on this drawing and ill post what I have tonight! I think with what you just gave me, I'm good to go, but we will see!

Edit: the nb manual says the negative of the accent led (AV led) can be wired to the negative of the battery or to the pad labeled gnd which looks like the negative of the switch. Is there a difference?
    Last edited by J-door8; 10-12-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Not really, no. The saber will function the same either way.

Alright got another drawing up, how's this look?