Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Okay!!! Here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    The JSTs will take up room, especially the more you use. If you are using a NB, and leave yourself enough room and/or do a good job at planning and designing your hilt to make installations easy on yourself.
    Haha that's exactly what I was planning on doing right now, I was going to post some graph paper drawings tomorrow or later tonight to hopefully get some more help or suggestions from you guys... Thanks for all the help so far!

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to ensure that people saw I had more questions... Haha otherwise I would have just edited the post above.

So what I want to do right now is throw a list of parts together and have them approved so that I can work on taking their dimensions and putting them down onto a few drawings... So, this is what I'm going to try to go with this time, keep in mind I'm just going to gut the hilt i have now and start over haha

NB sound board
    Amber rebel star LED w/ a 2.7 ohm 10w resistor (correct me if I'm wrong, I tried to use that calculator in Silver's sig)
    16mm Short AV switch
    Single 18650 Li-Ion battery
    Recharge port
    Premium Speaker

I'm sure I'm missing some things up there but I also wanted to focus on making a chassis because I want everything to be snug inside the hilt this time (I didn't do one for my first since the only thing in there was a battery pack haha).

Acrylic chassis disks for NB and single 18650 battery
    2- 4-40 Threaded shafts
    MHS Speaker mount v4

Will I need anymore chassis disks or will those two work just fine?
    Also, the shop says that the chassis disks will not work with a pre-wired NB, if I decided to go w/ pre-wired, can I just use my rotary tool to make room for the connector in one of the disks??

Resistor value looks off. I plugged in 3.7v source voltage, and 3.2v forward voltage @ 700mA for your Amber Rebel LED. I got a 1 ohm 1 watt resistor.
    You should be able to use a rotary tool to mod the chassis discs for use with the prewired NB. Cut slowly, and try not to break the discs.
    Make sure your AV switch is a momentary for use with the NB.

Everything else looks fine to me.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Resistor value looks off. I plugged in 3.7v source voltage, and 3.2v forward voltage @ 700mA for your Amber Rebel LED. I got a 1 ohm 1 watt resistor.
    You should be able to use a rotary tool to mod the chassis discs for use with the prewired NB. Cut slowly, and try not to break the discs.
    Make sure your AV switch is a momentary for use with the NB.

Everything else looks fine to me.
    Hey thank you! I didn't know exactly what one of the values were so I clicked on the help thing and used 2.1 for what the site gave me haha.

Oh and that's cool I will have to order two pairs of the disks then just in case haha

Well awesome I'm going to start drawing stuff and come back in a while! Thanks a ton!

No problem. I always grab the LED values from the Rebel page in the shop: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Lu...Star-P523.aspx
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Would a 1 ohm 2w resistor work? Or would I have to go looking somewhere other than TCSS for a resistor? Because I don't see a 1ohm 1w resistor in the shop.

Yes, that would be fine.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

okay so I will post this really messy drawing as soon as I can find somewhere to scan it, but I before I do I think I am not seeing where one of these JST's will go from the pre-wired NB.

I have the one that goes to the switch, and the one that goes to the speaker, and the one that goes straight to the recharge port.
    I think this last one is supposed to go somewhere leading to the LED but I don't understand how exactly it will fit in...

I know I'm missing something someone help me figure out what it is! I tried to make the drawing as close to scale as possible but w/o all the dimensions it was a bit of a guessing game. Underneath it is a wiring diagram that is essentially the same thing as the saber hilt drawing...

Quote Originally Posted by J-door8 View Post
    okay so I will post this really messy drawing as soon as I can find somewhere to scan it, but I before I do I think I am not seeing where one of these JST's will go from the pre-wired NB.

I have the one that goes to the switch, and the one that goes to the speaker, and the one that goes straight to the recharge port.
    I think this last one is supposed to go somewhere leading to the LED but I don't understand how exactly it will fit in...
    If you are talking about the pre-wired AV switches, you would have to do the soldering of the other half of that JST yourself. the pre-wired NB's haven't taken the AV LED wire into account... yet, but I'm sure Tim will be working on it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com