Thread: Very Basic Mechanical Questions - First Saber Build

Default Very Basic Mechanical Questions - First Saber Build

SaberBuilder.png

Hey Guys! This is the concept I'm working on for my first saber build. I have a few questions about the physical hilt:
    1) I'd like to get a machine guarded style switch hole drilled into the MHS Extension Blank Style 3. It is only 1.5 inches long, do you think it will be long enough for this?
    2) My plan is to build a basic LED saber (No sound) possibly with a Buckpuck. I think I'll have about 7.5 inches of hilt to put this in between blade holder and pommel. Will this work out well?

Thanks for the help! This is round one, round two will be Electrical
    ~Lady Eshley

First, welcome to the Forums!

There should be enough room for the switch, but you will need to check with Tim (the owner) when you place your order. You'll tell him what you want and where, and he'll tell you if it's possible or not.

You should be able to do a stunt hilt within your current design. HOWEVER, should you want to upgrade later to sound, you might have space issues, depending on what you decide to do.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you! btw I've learned a lot from all your posts and your signature links!!

Thanks, I'm glad you are finding the information helpful.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com