Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: South-Paw Jinn's First saber: Callandor! PC 2.0, Tri-Rebel, Charge Port and R.I.C.E.

Post South-Paw Jinn's First saber: Callandor! PC 2.0, Tri-Rebel, Charge Port and R.I.C.E.

**UPDATE** Video of completed saber is on page 9.

Build log for my first saber, thread title says it all, PC 2.0, R.I.C.E........ The diagram has been verified. Fellow noobs, feel free to take advantage. Check out my parts list post a couple days ago for rice wiring, for space sake I left out that part. Forgetful Jedi Knight left some tips on my thread, I'll post a link later. Thanks to FJK and Silver Serpent for their many helpful threads and answers to my noobific questions.

Haven't ordered the parts yet but in anticipation I put my sketchup skills to use (preliminary renders below). Parts list is lengthy:

Hilt:
    MHS Ribbed Ext V-Grooved
    -----Black Matte Tuscon - RGR3
    MHS Choke Style 2
    LED Blade Holder Style 18
    Heatsink
    -----Black Matte Tuscon - B183
    Drill & Tap Retention Screw Hole
    6" Double Female Threaded Connector
    -----Black Matte Tuscon DFE5
    -----Diamond Knurling
    Activation Box Style 13
    -----Box Mounting Service 13
    4-40 Socket Head Cap Screw
    MPS Pommel Style 11
    MPS Insert Style 12
    MPS Clip
    Heavy Dualing Blade

Electronics:
    16mm AV Short Mom Orange Ring Switch (ACT)
    SPST Short AV Orange Ring Resister: 270O, 1/4W
    Red Momentary Switch (AUX)
    Petite Crouton 2.0
    Power Xtender 2.0
    USB to 3.5mm R.I.C.E. cable
    3.5mm R.I.C.E. Port Style 2
    Kill plug style 5
    Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star (GGW)
    4.7O, 4.7W Resistor
    Luxeon 18deg Tri-Rebel Star Lens
    Star Thermal tape pad
    Blue 26 gauge wire
    Red 26 gauge wire
    (x4) JST Connectors
    MHS Speaker Mount V4
    7.4v 1400mAh 18500 Protected Li-Ion Pack
    2.7V-14.8V Li-Ion Smarter Charger w/ 2.1mm plug
    2.1mm Power Jack
    1’ 3/16 Heat Shrink Tubing
    1’ 1/8" Heat Shrink Tubing

Last edited by South-Paw Jinn; 11-12-2013 at 01:39 PM.

FJK's instructions for PC R.I.C.E wiring is a bit down the thread, tips on what to do with the R.I.C.E ground wire. Who knew?!

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...aber-Callandor!

I gotta compliment you sir. That is one of the tidiest wiring diagrams I have ever seen. The render looks great too. Should be an awesome saber when it is done.

Thanks, Ty. I may wire in an accent LED somewhere but can't decide. My only concern with the design is the inadequate resonance chamber. I started off with a stunt saber in mind, and am really only using a PC for the blinkies and led drivers and FOC... glorious FOC. Sound, however faint, is just a bonus. This time around, anyway. My next saber will be built with sound at the top of my priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    I gotta compliment you sir. That is one of the tidiest wiring diagrams I have ever seen. The render looks great too. Should be an awesome saber when it is done.
    Last edited by South-Paw Jinn; 09-06-2013 at 11:27 PM.

A photoshop-enhanced render, before I switched out the box type. And before I changed it's name - It was megalith originally because its huge at around 13.5".

Last edited by South-Paw Jinn; 09-07-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Good God, when does TCSS run sales?? Are there Halloween sales? I'm chomping at the bit here to order my parts. It's a big build... must... wait....... for sale.......

Quote Originally Posted by South-Paw Jinn View Post
    Good God, when does TCSS run sales?? Are there Halloween sales? I'm chomping at the bit here to order my parts. It's a big build... must... wait....... for sale.......
    Sale?? ROFL. If you haven't figured this out by now.. this is NOT an inexpensive hobby!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

There's the May 4th sale. And... that's all I can recall.

Oh yes, I know, but a guy can hope, right? I know there was a May the 4th sale - I CANNOT put this build off until next May...

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    Sale?? ROFL. If you haven't figured this out by now.. this is NOT an inexpensive hobby!