Thread: "Lyra v2" by Yoshi-Taka

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "Lyra v2" by Yoshi-Taka

Two sabers in a row?!
    Some sabers deserve an update. The original Lyra felt bulky and incomplete. So after changing the boxes, the switches, the accent LEDs, the emitters, and adding powder coating to the ribbed section, a new Lyra has been born!

This is Lyra v2. Equipped with a new soundfont and a much sleeker style, I feel this is a better representation of the unicorn (especially in the green that actually matches her coat really well). This also marks the first time I get to do actual custom work. Normally that means drilling the holes for the set screw or the covertec wheel. This time, I modified a pair of chassis discs so the NB could sit upside down, allowing for more room for wiring. I also modified a spare pommel insert so it could be vented for sound; I'm dubbing it the "pentagon pommel".. even if I screwed up the name in the video.

Did you know the chassis discs can be tapped to hold 6-32 screws? I didn't until today.

SPECS
    -All MHS parts, including neon green powder coating
    -3.7v 18650 3400mAh li-ion battery, with recharge port
    -Nano Biscotte v1.0 (Novastar's "Episode III [Anakin]" soundfont with my signature boot sound)
    -modified parts, including chassis discs and pommel insert
    -Seoul P4 (green)
    -Green dot momentary antivandal switch
    -d-ring for belt clips

PICS

VIDEO

The next saber will be far more streamlined and interesting. Also it'll be another original, not a remake.
    Last edited by Yoshi-Taka; 09-07-2013 at 08:28 AM.