Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parts List for my first saber, Callandor!

Question Parts List for my first saber, Callandor!

I am beginning my first MHS saber build, its a beauty, if I do say so myself. I am currently calling it Callandor, a sword that is not a sword. I have been researching for months and finally think I have everything I need. If someone would be so kind as to check my diagram and give the parts a once over, I would appreciate it. This is a PC 2.0 Tri-Rebel (GGW) build using a 7.4v 2X 18500 battery pack.

Hilt:
    MHS Ribbed Ext V-Grooved
    MHS Choke Style 2
    LED Blade Holder Style 18
    Heatsink (New Style - comes w/ emitter)
    6" Double Female Threaded Connector
    Activation Box Style 13
    4-40 Socket Head Cap Screw
    MPS Pommel Style 11
    MPS Insert Style 12
    MPS Clip
    Heavy Dualing Blade

Electronics:
    16mm AV Short Mom Orange Ring Switch (ACT)
    SPST Short AV Orange Ring Resister: 270O, 1/4W
    Red Momentary Switch (AUX)
    Petite Crouton 2.0
    Power Xtender 2.0
    USB to 3.5mm R.I.C.E. cable
    3.5mm R.I.C.E. Port Style 2
    Kill plug style 5
    Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star (GGW)
    4.7O, 4.7W Resistor
    Luxeon 18deg Tri-Rebel Star Lens
    Star Thermal tape pad
    Blue 26 gauge wire
    Red 26 gauge wire
    (x4) JST Connectors
    MHS Speaker Mount V4
    7.4v 1400mAh 18500 Protected Li-Ion Pack
    2.7V-14.8V Li-Ion Smarter Charger w/ 2.1mm plug
    2.1mm Power Jack
    1’ 3/16 Heat Shrink Tubing (?? Is this the shrunken diameter??)
    1’ 1/8" Heat Shrink Tubing (?? Shrunken diameter??)

Well, the only glaring thing I don't see are chassis parts, and the services for any holes, or the box that you want.

And to answer your question - the diameter is before shrinking.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 09-05-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

FJK, thanks! I knew either you or Silver would respond first. So the diagram looks alright? It is based on several of your (and Silver's) instructions from various other threads. I noticed I left the chassis out - I havnt been able to make a decision on exact parts yet.

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    Well, the only glaring thing I don't see are chassis parts. And to answer your question - the diameter is before shrinking.

Quote Originally Posted by South-Paw Jinn View Post
    FJK, thanks! I knew either you or Silver would respond first. So the diagram looks alright? It is based on several of your (and Silver's) instructions from various other threads. I noticed I left the chassis out - I havnt been able to make a decision on exact parts yet.
    For the most part, yes. You are missing the RICE wiring part (you would need to turn the board over for that). And also wiring the RICE port is a bit tricky, as you do need to wire the port ground to the recharge port "battery (-)" lug. Failure to do that properly will cause you grief down the road.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

I left rice wiring off thinking it was a no brainer - but I hadn't read the port ground to RP battery negative lead bit previously. You saved me some heartache!

For the most part, yes. You are missing the RICE wiring part (you would need to turn the board over for that). And also wiring the RICE port is a bit tricky, as you do need to wire the port ground to the recharge port "battery (-)" lug. Failure to do that properly will cause you grief down the road.

It's those little "no brainers" which wind up "braining" you at the end, because it causes strange behavior which will make you think you have other issues.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

No truer words...

It's those little "no brainers" which wind up "braining" you at the end, because it causes strange behavior which will make you think you have other issues.

If anyone is interested, my build progress can be followed at the link provided below:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...rt-and-R-I-C-E

Not a fan nesasarily and only vaguely familiar with the story but, I remember thinking, outside the right context this sword sounds very much like a lightsaber - crystal sword, the sword that is not a sword or, the sword that cannot be touched? The sword made to serve the one or true power? C'monnnn...

Quote Originally Posted by DemonBunnyman View Post
    Wheel of Time fan much?