Thread: Third Saber Build - First For the Wife!

Default Third Saber Build - First For the Wife!

So this saber I acquired from a third party as a basic stunt and have made major upgrades. If you recognize who made it, cool.

This is my wife's first saber, and I have actually had it finished for a few months but haven't had the chance to post pictures of the finished product yet. We have just gotten settled after our move to Taiwan. So I've finally got the time to do this.

So I added an orange AV switch, recharge port, 3.7v Li-ion battery and swapped out the main LED for a Rebel white. Honestly, the only original parts left are the hilt, pommel, and the LED holder, everything else is new. Oh, I also added sound via NB and a mini speaker. The hilt is pretty narrow, so this is the only card I could fit. The mini speaker is not as loud as I'd like, but it gets the job done.

So, without further ado: The pictures

Front of Saber, power off

Emitter Detail, power off

Switch Box Detail, power off

Power On

Emitter Detail, power on.

Blade in, power on.

Blade Wide Angle, power on

Blade Dark room, power on

Retention Screw Detail, power on

AV Switch Detail, power on

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think!
    Last edited by Kyaryo Ysoyav; 08-03-2013 at 04:07 AM.
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

Ah i recognize that hilt body. I much prefer the new look you've given it
    What kind of material did you use for the shroud and collar? Looks like a cool texture. Really like the look of that AV switch as well!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

It's a spray on stone finish. It was pretty interesting to work with, kind of felt like I was spraying marshmallow fluff on everything.

This saber looks delicious.

Did the switch come like that or did you mod it. I like it first off. Looks like a pearl was cut in half and mounted to the top of the switch.

I modded it. I wish it was a pearl cut in half! But it is actually a plastic gem sticker that I got at Michael's. They happen to be exactly the size of the inner button on the AV switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    I modded it. I wish it was a pearl cut in half! But it is actually a plastic gem sticker that I got at Michael's. They happen to be exactly the size of the inner button on the AV switch.
    Sweet! I'm going to have to take a trip to the Michael's around the corner and look for that now. Awesome idea!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

This is an interesting twist on a saber most of us will recognize I rather like your version. I'm not a fan of having colours like purple on my hilts, but for the style of saber you were going for, as a fun hilt for your wife, I like it great job!