Thread: Ashur's new parts list

Default Ashur's new parts list

Hello all,

I've been lurking here for quite a while, reading up and absorbing whatever I can from the various sections of the forum and am ready to try my hand at building a saber. I'm going for a ROTJ Luke built with MHS parts. Please look over my buy list to see if I am missing anything:

Hilt:
    2.1mm Power Jack
    MPS Clip
    8-32 x .3" black thumb screw
    Kill plug style 2
    MPS Pommel style 3 v2
    Screw on LED blade holder style 8
    LED "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD (36 inches)
    Ribbed / Choke Combo
    MPS Insert style 1
    4" Double female threaded connector
    Activation box style 2
    Chassis Disc style 1 with holes x2

Electronics:
    Premium Speaker
    Acrylic Chassis Disc for NB and 18500/18650 pack (Blue) x2
    Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module Luxeon Rebel Star Green
    Nano Biscotte Sound Module V1
    16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Green Ring Switch
    Li-Ion 18650 3.7V 2600mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module

If anyone notices something I left out or has suggestions on how to improve the build please let me know. Thank you.

You're going to need screws to attach the activation box, and resistors for the main LED and the AV switch LED. Also some hardware for the chassis parts, like threaded rod, nuts, maybe some of the spacers if you like. Some of those parts can be picked up locally at a hardware store, but TCSS has great prices on them. I only head to my Ace Hardware if there's small stuff I've forgotten and it's not worth placing another order.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thanks Silver, I was so focused on getting all of the big parts for the build that I neglected the smaller details. As for the resistors, the calculator in your sig recommended a 1ohm 2w resistor for the main LED and I chose a 20mA Dyna-ohm for the AV switch. Does that sound right?

Quote Originally Posted by ashur View Post
    Thanks Silver, I was so focused on getting all of the big parts for the build that I neglected the smaller details. As for the resistors, the calculator in your sig recommended a 1ohm 2w resistor for the main LED and I chose a 20mA Dyna-ohm for the AV switch. Does that sound right?
    Yes it does!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com