Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you ware your sabers all day?

Default Do you ware your sabers all day?

I want to ware my saber all day, everywhere I go but I think people will think I'm a nut job! Not to mention that it might be mistaken for a weapon! Oh that's right it is a weapon.
    So if you have worn it to the mall or anywhere tell me your story! Do people approach you or just look at you like a nut cast! Keep in mind I am not a kid. I am a 47 year old man ,married with 2 kids!
    I have my kids friends convinced that I am a real Jedi Knight!
    Thanks,
    Frank H.

I say go for it. Its nothing more than a relatively harmless flashlight, right? Well unless you consider it a bludgeoning tool...

i took two sabers to work one night so the boys could play with them in the dark carpark...... i got called into the bosses office the next afternoon to explain some strange cctv footage that he had watched that morning......i got a written warning for sky larking at work. some people have no sense of humor.
    nb.. the cctv footage looked awesome but in black and white
    Last edited by madmaxx; 06-19-2013 at 02:50 AM.
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

I was thinking this just the other day when I was walking around in a local mall. Several things crossed my mind. First, I would want to have a sound card that could be muted (or not card at all). Second It is a rather expensive item so I would need a saftey cable so someone couldn't pick-pocket it. Also would I have a white LED and a plain design so I could show people "its just a flashlight", kind of like the way the samurai disguised their katanas inside bamboo walking sticks after they were banned from carrying them, or should I make no attempt at sublety and suffer the weird looks.

I say try it out.
    I bet you get some stories to tell and you don't have to keep it up if you don't want to.

I carry my walking stick saber with me pretty much anytime I'm going out. I get a few odd looks, kids whispering "it's a LIGHTSABER!", and the occasional person coming up to ask where they can get one. The responses tend to be far more positive than negative.

I really need to print out more business cards.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Sevinzol View Post
    I was thinking this just the other day when I was walking around in a local mall. Several things crossed my mind. First, I would want to have a sound card that could be muted (or not card at all). Second It is a rather expensive item so I would need a saftey cable so someone couldn't pick-pocket it. Also would I have a white LED and a plain design so I could show people "its just a flashlight", kind of like the way the samurai disguised their katanas inside bamboo walking sticks after they were banned from carrying them, or should I make no attempt at sublety and suffer the weird looks.

I say try it out.
    I bet you get some stories to tell and you don't have to keep it up if you don't want to.
    You know some Jedi use a cable called a fiber cord on their sabers to keep them from get disarmed. Or you could make an archaic saber
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

I don't think a lightsaber alone is such a huge deal but to go out in full costume might be a bit much. Although there are plenty of trekkies who do.

Just don't do it in Walmart. You might find yourself in People of Walmart.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 06-19-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Absolutely. When I finished my first saber it became a part of the "uniform". These things represent a tremendous amount of study, practice, general skill and experience, as well as a physical representation of a philosophical stance. When others see me wearing my saber, many are at first confused, but some get the message pretty quickly. One man pointed, wide-eyed, and exclaimed "That's from Star Wars!". We proceeded to have a 20 minute conversation about how the saber was built. Awesome.

But, yes, I wear my saber everywhere. I proudly display it because it is a part of who I am. I'm glad I have had the opportunity to make something like this.

I'd would wear my costume out in the public, but alas it is not done. But I would like to wear it to the grocery store and buy groceries.
    Lord Joong Yin
    Master of the shadows, the light, and everything else in between (and Vaapad)

Chon (Lightsaber 1)
    Heaven

Ji (Lightsaber 2)
    Earth