Thread: Saber Parts Check List

Default Saber Parts Check List

Since I have built my first sabers within this year (both are stunt), I figured its time to start building with sound boards. I have a couple lined up but I wanted to start with a basic Consular-type lightsaber. Anyway, here's the overall design;

jedi saber.jpg

MHS Parts
    Blade Holder style 15
    Gear (2x)
    4 inch double female connector
    Choke style 2
    Pommel style 3v2
    Brass insert style 1
    MPS Clip
    Activation box 9

Electronics
    Nano biscotte (light)
    NB header & wiring harness
    Li-Ion 18500 3.7v 1400mAh battery
    2.1mm recharge port
    Luxeon tri-rebel star (GGW)
    tri-rebel lens
    Short Mom. AV Switch (Green Ring)
    2w bass speaker
    Speaker mount v4

I was wondering about a couple of questions I came across;
    1) Am I mising anything form this list?
    2) Is the 4inch female connector big enough to put the NB in and have the activation box 9 (w/ av switch and recharge port) w/o interference?

And what I think is the hardest question...

3) What color scheme should I do, I finally narrowed it down to the two above but still can't make a final decision, so I want all your opinions

"You must trust that the components that form your lightsaber are meant to be together. There is no other way. It is the Force that binds them." = Professor Huyang

Well, the only thing that I can see that is "missing" is some type of chassis system to secure all that in your hilt, and maybe some resistors for the Tri-Rebel Green LEDs.

A 4" section should be ok for Activation box 9. However, I don't recommend you try stuffing a NB underneath the switch box.

As far as your color choices go, I personally think you should go back to the drawing board.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The tri-rebel can get by without resistors, since it's a green. You'll need one for the AV switches though.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    Well, the only thing that I can see that is "missing" is some type of chassis system to secure all that in your hilt, and maybe some resistors for the Tri-Rebel Green LEDs.
    A 4" section should be ok for Activation box 9. However, I don't recommend you try stuffing a NB underneath the switch box.
    I'm most likely gonna build a pvc chassis for the electronics that would go from gear to gear... Should the 5" section be enough to fit the box and the NB, kinda want to keep it under 15"

"You must trust that the components that form your lightsaber are meant to be together. There is no other way. It is the Force that binds them." = Professor Huyang

It should fit. Good Luck.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com