Thread: nano Biscotti wiring

Default nano Biscotti wiring

Master sabersmiths,
    I am new to sabers and electronics in general. i got almost everything i need in my first order. Things i forgot include: kill plug, extra wire and heat shrink. Couple novice electronics questions:
    1) i read the Nano Biscotti manual and it recommended 28 AWG flexible stranded wire and i don't see that for sale in the custom saber shop. 22, 24 and 26 but no 28 AWG. Is 26 ok?
    2) What size heat shrink corresponds to 28 AWG (or 26 if that is acceptable)?
    3) Can someone point me to a wiring diagram for an NB board-Luxeon Rebel-Li-ion 185650-AV momentary-speaker set up? i have read the NB manual and other posts on this forum, couldn't find exactly my setup, i just wanted to double check my understanding.

thanks masters,
    tk-421 at my post

Quote Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
    Master sabersmiths,
    I am new to sabers and electronics in general. i got almost everything i need in my first order. Things i forgot include: kill plug, extra wire and heat shrink. Couple novice electronics questions:
    1) i read the Nano Biscotti manual and it recommended 28 AWG flexible stranded wire and i don't see that for sale in the custom saber shop. 22, 24 and 26 but no 28 AWG. Is 26 ok?
    2) What size heat shrink corresponds to 28 AWG (or 26 if that is acceptable)?
    3) Can someone point me to a wiring diagram for an NB board-Luxeon Rebel-Li-ion 185650-AV momentary-speaker set up? i have read the NB manual and other posts on this forum, couldn't find exactly my setup, i just wanted to double check my understanding.

thanks masters,
    tk-421 at my post
    1. 26 AWG is fine, I use it all the time.
    2. Generally 1/16" heat shrink is fine for that if you are good at soldering, if not, go with 3/32 or at worst 1/8".
    3. I believe page 9 of the manual will have you covered. The battery size might be different, but the principle is the same.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

You could also check out one of my posts/responses, someone drew a diagram for the same set up, but added an accent LED that was easy to remove from my own design. 1/16 heat shrink is what I used.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a blaster by your side.

Roger on 1 and 2.
    On 3, my momentary has an LED (amber ring AV). Does just hooking it up to the actuation switch pad on the NB allow it to light up? Don't i need to resistor it? Would i need to use the Pad described on page 11 of the manual?

thanks again.
    tk-421 at my post

You have to hook up the LED in the switch separately from the switch itself. You will need a resistor for the switch LED.

You can use the pad on page 11 of the manual, but the LED will be on all the time if you do. You could also wire the switch LED in parallel with the main LED and it will turn on and off with the blade.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!