Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My first build for a Revan Saber.

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    Sounds to me like it is time for you to get familiar with Ohm's law... Do the calculations, you must and get your answer, you will.
    Or cheat, and use the resistor calculator in my sig.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    Sounds to me like it is time for you to get familiar with Ohm's law... Do the calculations, you must and get your answer, you will.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohm's_law wut?

I'm not a cartographer but if given a map, I can drive myself to my destination.

Is there a wiring guide for the set up I want? Surely what I am doing is not the first of its kind. I don't know what fwd voltage is or if amperage and mah is the same or different. I would need to take an electronics course to understand all this stuff.

I looked at the resistor calculator in your signature too. What I am not sure about is how do I include the nano board in the resistor set up? I have lurked for a while around here, signed up, then lurked more. I just don't get it. I don't understand.
    Last edited by DarthBrute; 05-24-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrute View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohm's_law wut?

I'm not a cartographer but if given a map, I can drive myself to my destination.

Is there a wiring guide for the set up I want? Surely what I am doing is not the first of its kind. I don't know what fwd voltage is or if amperage and mah is the same or different. I would need to take an electronics course to understand all this stuff.

I looked at the resistor calculator in your signature too. What I am not sure about is how do I include the nano board in the resistor set up? I have lurked for a while around here, signed up, then lurked more. I just don't get it. I don't understand.

<Sighs> OK, lets start from the beginning... Which color P4 are we talking about here?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Red which is 3v 800mAh
    Those are MAX values. We do calculations off of "typical" values.... So I will give you the values to feed into SS's little calculator, especially where LED voltages are concerned.

battery back =3.7v
    red led = 2.3v
    current = 800 mAh which is what the max the led can take and probably what the battery can dish out.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

"The wizard recommends a 2W or greater 1.8 ohm resistor. The color code for 1.8 ohms is brown grey gold."

Ok so how does the sound card play into this?

"The wizard recommends a 2W or greater 1.8 ohm resistor. The color code for 1.8 ohms is brown grey gold."

Ok so how does the sound card play into this?
    You just connect the various pieces to the indicated pads, like the diagram in the manual shows.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Ok so the sound module pretty much manages it's own power from the battery and the power goes from the battery directly to the led through the resistor?

That would be correct.

Well, the power goes from the battery through the sound board, then through the resistor and into the LED. But yes, the sound board manages its own power, provided you use an appropriate battery pack.
    Last edited by Silver Serpent; 05-25-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    That would be correct.

Well, the power goes from the battery through the sound board, then through the resistor and into the LED. But yes, the sound board manages its own power, provided you use an appropriate battery pack.
    Exactly what SS said.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines