Thread: Lightsaber Names

Default Lightsaber Names

Have any original ideas for lightsaber names? Post em' here!
    Lord Joong Yin
    Master of the shadows, the light, and everything else in between (and Vaapad)

Chon (Lightsaber 1)
    Heaven

Ji (Lightsaber 2)
    Earth

Grab an English-to-_______ dictionary, look up a word that seems befitting of the lightsaber, use that. That's how I do it (for sabers that aren't crossovers).

Example: Red blade, mostly black hilt saber. I look up "darkness" in Japanese and come up with Yami. Boom. I name that saber "Yami". Simple and direct to the point.

I use my mother tongue Welsh with the same method Yoshi uses. I try to imagine the character what would wield the saber and use the name to ether describe the chr or their intentions with the saber.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

I love greek mythology so I tend to look there for cool sounding stuff related to words that might describe a saber or a philosphical belief.....light, dark, power, strength etc etc.
    There's a difference between knowing the path.....and walking the path.

Mine all have snake related names.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Mine all have snake related names.
    i meant to tell you, the Centipede, the Scorpion and the Lizard were looking for you
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Here are some Latin names for my personal sabers that I have either wired up, or built. Unless you know Latin, you're gonna have to Google it.

Pugnabimus vobiscum sum, et vincas

tu amet adepto vestri INCURRO tradidit vobis.

ne asellum quidem personaliter uerbera

and my personal favorite...

Im 'iens ut calcitrare vestrum asinus misellus wannabe saberplayer ita durum, quod postero poser machaera clava magister ire sentiebant.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

I have many original name ideas and have given a new one to each of the over 500 sabers that I have built
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Mine have just used the name of the wielder. "Lightsber of Kali Vidhvansaka" or "Curved hilt of Darth Infirnis". To me any other names over personalize the weapon as Jedi are a monastic order and not bound to personal possesions. I could see Sith naming theirs as they would be doing the opposite of what the Jedi do. With respect to selling them it makes sense as tehen the buyer can say "I want Sith's Bane" or somesuch to have that particular saber.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion