Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WIP Parts just in. No electronics. PIC HEAVY

Cool Tawelwch Meddwl. WIP Parts just in. PIC HEAVY

Just got my May the fourth be with you shipment yesterday, so I got to work with what I got off Tim today. I still have to order more parts and make others to finish my build. This is a no electronics build until I get more funds for the guts. I am working on a Jedi Hunter custom and have many dummy sabers made up, but this one will be my main saber. I am aiming for a graflex sith feel. Hoping to get it set up with a rich orange blade and a raspy and gritty sound set up.

EDIT: Tawelwch Meddwl will be the name of this saber when it is finished. It's Welsh for Peace of Mind.

The parts.
    justin.jpg

Assembly before work.
    raw.jpg

After some leather work and some weathering ( still colouring and more weathering to come. )
    fullwraped.jpg

Close up of leather
    closewrap.jpg

Weathering on the emitter end
    emiter.jpg

As this is my first MHS build I am open to any advice.

Parts to go on still are the orange ring mm switch with a switch box that I am building. I will be weathering parts deeper with rusted bronze and gold. Also I am waiting till it is finished before naming it.
    Last edited by MrCafe; 12-19-2013 at 06:47 PM.
    _____________,.~-{o}-~.,____________

Dude I dont know why anyone hasn't responded to this. I really like the saber. G-flex meets OR. Nice Wat colir is the blade going to be?

Lookin good so far Cafe! I really like that leather work. What are you using for the weathering?
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Hoping to get rich coloured orange tri rebel set up joshm. Believe it or not Starwinder, I used a sharpy. I have been known to stress the metal and use coffee for an interesting colour as well, which is more then likely what I will be doing on the lower hilt.

I think the Orange would be pretty sick

Quote Originally Posted by MrCafe View Post
    Hoping to get rich coloured orange tri rebel set up joshm. Believe it or not Starwinder, I used a sharpy. I have been known to stress the metal and use coffee for an interesting colour as well, which is more then likely what I will be doing on the lower hilt.
    Interesting! I wasn't sure that sharpie would hold to the aluminum; i'll have to give that a shot some time. Looking forward to seeing how you use coffee on the hilt as well!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Works on brass, not sure how it will react on aluminium. I may have to add in some acids like vinegar. The sharpie will clean off if I use a cleaner, other then that I heat sealed it with my chef brazzer.

Did some weathering and painting today, still need to work on the end cap and the emitter.

20130520_201759.jpg

The weathering looks great. Are you going to weather the blade holder as well? I think the uniformity with the main body would look even better.

Indeedy, ran out of sunlight otherwise I would have finished it. Going to weather it with the gold and black paint like I did the body.