Well... hello people! I haven't touched a lightsaber in years now. I occasionally take out my built ones to show but I haven't built one in years. Some of you may remember I broke my ankle three years ago on my motorcycle. I wasn't walking without some sort of aid for six months after. I had to "cut and run" of sorts as my school obligations were top and even then I barely survived that semester. So I sold almost all my good stuff and shelved the rest to just get by.

In the mean time, I graduated with my masters just a few weeks ago! Looking for a job and facing the prospect of moving from my college town and was going through my stuff. Other than job applications I have little to do. I decided I should do what I could to get some of the left projects finished or sold to finance the moving.

The story on this saber was it's mine. It was a design of my own that wouldn't be with MHS parts and such. I originally wanted a brass and copper lightsaber. No one wanted to machine brass for me as it was too tough and/or expensive. So I settled on aluminum and maybe I'll get it anodized some day. For now it's still pretty snazzy. Today I polished the aluminum and copper, filed the edges like crazy, and then drilled for the holes for the sub-mini LED's.

So here it is today:

I think tomorrow I'll drill all the screws. Then maybe cut out a spot for the PLI. My idea was always that the copper lower part would slide down to reveal the charge port under it near the middle. Then a small slider switch would trigger a PLI (that is cut out when it's charging of course) when it's pulled down.