Thread: kenji's first design

Default kenji's first design

if this is in the wrong thread im sorry.

well this is my first design its called libero as in latin for freedom unless google translator is wrong. I intend the blade to be green or a dark green. I will be buying everything soon. if I have enough I might buy it all today but I think I only have enough for the out side not the electrical stuff. I just want an honest opinion on what you think of it.

libero.jpg

It's a pretty good design. You'll have to decide what you are going to try and stuff inside that.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

well for now im just going by the ldm's basic saber-build step by step tutorial which I have worked out to cost me at least $153.41 not including shipping costs to get what I need for it, still don't know what the thumb screw is for though. it will be a while before I add anything as advanced as a flux capacitor in it hahaha.
    Last edited by JediInvestigatorKenji; 05-16-2013 at 03:29 PM.

In all probability, the thumbscrew is the blade retention screw. It goes in the blade holder, and presses up against the blade, preventing it from flying out during saber battles.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

ahh I see I had feeling it was for something like that

Quote Originally Posted by JediInvestigatorKenji View Post
    ahh I see I had feeling it was for something like that
    Yeah, we believe in "Safety First" with your "weapon".
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

yes that's always a good idea. once I get it in the mail I will post pics of it completed.

I like the design. Looks cool. Will light be shining through the windowed extension piece? Like will you put the blade down that section?
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

I was kinda intending to have it so that you can see the wires and maybe a crystal but your idea sounds good too. maybe when im experimenting with it I will try it.