Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FoC Troubleshooting

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    That's how I had it before, too. Out of curiosity, why does it matter? The wires they are connected with are the (+) and (-) wires that run to the PC anyways. I guess I should've been more specific in my above post. I have the wires that come of the power pads run into the connector, then I split the wires on the other side, so they are basically wired to the main pads. You can mostly see it in the last picture of my first post.
    It theoretically "shouldn't" matter, but you do seem to have a problem with the FoC LED ALWAYS coming on, correct? I would still try a wire directly from the FoC pad to the control pad on the PEX first, then if you still have a problem, then try wiring it the way I suggested.

Also check the PEX carefully and make sure you didn't accidentally bridge something on the underside of the PEX
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    That's how I had it before, too. Out of curiosity, why does it matter? The wires they are connected with are the (+) and (-) wires that run to the PC anyways.
    Not exactly sure in your situation, but let me share an example from one of my sabers... I have color mixing with a CF+CEx in a saber and I'm getting small flashing from the green die whenever I remove the kill key or go into the menu. Not a game-breaker, but kind of annoying. Turns out, it appears to be an issue with the way I wired the CEx ground to the CF ground. I tried to share a ground and it technically works, but provides too much interference, cross-talk, dirty voltage, whatever. It's amazing how little things like that can make a difference.