Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: choke stuck

Default choke stuck

ok so on my saber i had to take it apart to do some repair on it but when i went to reassemble it i am not able to get the choke and the main body to become flush they are secure to one another but even using a vicegrip and heavy pliers and slowly turning it didn't help (did scar up the saber a bit =( so i weather it a small amount) i currently have black electrical tape over the exposed threads to smooth it out for my hand and to improve the look of it but i would like to get them flush again thanks for any help

yes i know this is one long run-on sentence.

You need to take both pieces apart, clean them thoroughly, grease them (use the stuff Tim sells in the store), and then CAREFULLY re-assemble them. It sounds like you may have crossed the threads (which is very bad).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

ok no i need to figure out how to get them apart without too much more scaring

IF you can get all of the electronics out of them, stick the hilt in the freezer (no electronics) for about 20-30 minutes and then try unscrewing it again.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I am not able to get the all the electronics out (i dont know if i would want to) but it isn't all bad i could learn to live with it.
    Before
    IMAG0076.jpg
    After
    IMAG0083.jpg

With the exception of the batteries which I don't know about, all electronics can easily survive a spell in a household freezer (usually a minimum of -23°C, they tend to be rated to temperatures of -40°C).

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Depending on the location of any circuit boards, I'd say WD-40 with a straw applicator right down in the choke threads from inside... that stuff is amazing for stuck threads that you forgot to grease ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by TrypWyr View Post
    Depending on the location of any circuit boards, I'd say WD-40 with a straw applicator right down in the choke threads from inside... that stuff is amazing for stuck threads that you forgot to grease ahead of time.
    or, if you can get some WD-40 on the exposed thread and let it run in a bit. That may help also.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

there are no circuit boards it uses a puck and every thing is heat shrieked thanks guys

Yeah I had the same issue when a small piece of solder got caught in my threads. I used two pipe wrenches and a whole lot of wd40. The freezer didn't work for me.
    Honey, you've been looking for love in Alderaan places!