Thread: Nano Biscotte R.I.C.E. Port ?

Default Nano Biscotte R.I.C.E. Port ?

can one hookup a R.I.C.E. Port on the Nano Biscotte?
    i would like to try and find out what the highlighted part on this pic is for.
    nba.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by savatron View Post
    can one hookup a R.I.C.E. Port on the Nano Biscotte?
    i would like to try and find out what the highlighted part on this pic is for.
    nba.jpg
    No, a RICE port can NOT be hooked up to a NB. You can't do anything with the highlighted part of that picture
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 05-05-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Those pins are the programming port pins for the PIC microcontroller. They serve no function to the consumer.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

im a saber smith

im a saber smith
    I know exactly who you are... that doesn't change anything, or the answer. You still can't attach a RICE port to a NB, and those items you highlighted are nothing you need to be concerned about.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Those pins are the programming port pins for the PIC microcontroller. They serve no function to the consumer.
    I kinda assumed that was their function. Since that's the case, those points on the board are only useful if you're involved in either building, or repairing the Nano board itself.

If you need RICE capability, you're going to need to use a PC or better sound board.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

im a saber smith

Perhaps you should IM a sabersmith, that would be a good course of action when you're unsure of what to do.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

or to sabersmiths that are NOT involved with the direct development of said boards...

Council Member
    Jedi Master

im a saber smith
    I don't get it. What was this supposed to tell us?

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

I think it was a misinterpretation of what I posted above:

....They serve no function to the consumer.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent