Thread: Crystal chamber Idea and mock up

Default Crystal chamber Idea and mock up

Just a quick somthing I (almost literally XD) threw together the other day, I got the idea when I saw a whole bunch of old glass fuses lying around the garage (most were fried) and had an idea for a steampunkish (or maybe protosaberish) crystal chamber~ note these are mock ups so they are held together with glue tack but Im liking the way they turned out~

Origional idea with crystal and using the 2-3 MHS chasses bits~

DSC00219.jpg
    DSC00220.jpg
    DSC00221.jpg

I was origionally thinking of just saying you could (probably) fit a NB in the midst of all the fuses but I realised I had a fried PC and a couple of PC holder disks sooo~

PC 2.0 holders with fuses on top side so not to interfere with wireing

DSC00228.jpg
    DSC00229.jpg

let me know what you think ^^

Not bad, you have to make sure you don't short the board out by accidentally touching the fuse ends....

I look forward to seeing what the finished product would look like.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

True~even if the fuse is cooked ?;P

no promises thatll happen soon~but I may give it a shot

it doesn't matter, if parts of your board come into contact with metal... bad things could happen to your board.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

thats probably how I fried it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    thats probably how I fried it XD
    Yep, that could be a real possibility.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines