Thread: Nano Biscotti Help.

Default Nano Biscotti Help.

Hello all new to the world of saber building. I am having an issue with my Nano Biscotti. I have it wired up as outlined in the user guide and there are no solder bridges. When I power up withough the Main LED connected the sound works great, Initial boot, power on, saber hum, swing, clash and power down all work as well as the accent LED. When I connect the main LED,then power up, the sound shuts off after a second, the main LED remains on for another second then the card reboots. I am positive that my micro SD card is ready to go. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Nano Biscotti
    Li-Ion 18500 3.7V 1400mAh
    Luxeon Rebel Star Green 161lm @ 700mA 3.4v - Run at 1000mA
    2W Bass Speaker
    momentary switch

nano biscotti wiring close.jpg

Make sure your battery is fully charged and then try it again.

Also please post a high quality pic of the other side of the board as well.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

OK sorry about not posting both sides. My battery is charged and to make sure it was not a power issue I also connected directly to my charger running at 3.7 v to test it again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

at first I put a black wire in the Positive lead and figured that I would just leave it there instead of taking it out just to put in a red. So please don't think that I am getting my neg and pos mixed up pic is misleading.

Not sure but would it help if I took the second power I have soldered to the board for the main LED and just spliced and connected it to the main from the power? Or would that be the same as soldering to the board like I have done?

OK. I would need to see all of the wiring. Several close up pictures with everything connected, especially of the wiring to the LED would be helpful, I can look at it tomorrow morning.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

You were right. Charged the battery and it worked fine. Learned a lesson, guessing that using the charger may not be the best way to test when everything is set up. Thanks for your help and time.

Quote Originally Posted by ajproia View Post
    You were right. Charged the battery and it worked fine. Learned a lesson, guessing that using the charger may not be the best way to test when everything is set up. Thanks for your help and time.
    You should NEVER use a charger like that.. that's what Bench Power Supply Units are made for
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 04-28-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines