Thread: A bit of a cool announcement.

Blog Entries

Default A bit of a cool announcement.

Hey everyone, some of you already know this, and some of you are just now finding out. My wife and I are starting a non profit called Sabers For Smiles.

S4S is going to seek to provide lightsabers to children going through rough times, our starting mission will be children's hospitals, as we grow we'd like to expand our horizons.

We're still in the initial stages of planning and development, but already we've received an overwhelming amount of support and interest in what we are doing. It's an exciting time, and really fun stuff too.

Our mission statement:

::We live in a dark world, S4S believes that introducing a little bit of light into the darkness can help. S4S was created from the idea that a sick, struggling child could have a bright shining smile to match their own custom LED saber.

Our goal is to get each child their own unique LED saber.

S4S seeks to reach a variety of children including those facing long term hospital stays, special needs, orphans, or those in emergency placement.

Wherever a child is struggling and needing a smile we want to be there to help.::

In the light of this announcement I'd like to post this video as a special thanks to River City Jedi.

Btw you can like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/SabersforSmiles
    Last edited by Lucien Kane; 04-13-2013 at 08:19 PM.

what a great idea! its heart warming to see people being good to other people in this crazy and sometimes dark world. little kids suffer the most and they need light in their lives. well done
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

Hi
    Just an idea for you guys, it would be cool if instead of donating funds to you, people could make stunt sabers and donate those. Just a way to have more community interaction.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pilord View Post
    Hi
    Just an idea for you guys, it would be cool if instead of donating funds to you, people could make stunt sabers and donate those. Just a way to have more community interaction.
    I am hoping that things work out that way. I'm slow, so me building enough stunts for a run will take time. Once we get our first run out there and we have some results to show, I'll hit the community up and see what people think!

I appreciate the support and the excitement! I'm really excited about where this is headed and I've already got a few sabers on the drawing board.

Wow, I'm definitely liking this idea! This can definitely give those childeren some hope and support

That is an amazing idea LK! Hats off to you for committing to this plan. I know a lot of kids will feel love and support through this.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Cool stuff man.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

I would love to make a stunt for this. This is an awesome idea!!