Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cane Saber V4 with CFv6 by LDM

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Arrow Cane Saber V4 with CFv6 by LDM

Cane Saber V4

As most know, I only accept cane commissions for people who truly need them and plan to use them. I do them for a heavy discount ans only select people who I feel truly do need them. To me they are not a novelty. They are a totem for those who own them. They motivate them to get up and walk. This particular cane is for a teacher. I will not divulge any further information about him, but suffice to say that this project has been very big news in his world and experiencing his gratitude has humbled me yet again. Force Relics played a huge role in this saber's creation. This is the first one I have created with a 3D printed curved grip. They helped me to design it with the new owner's name in Aurabesh inscribed on the spine and other very classic saber cues. The piece fits MHS parts and was designed to be attached to MHS parts via screws. I used a very sturdy one piece ribbed choke section from the DARTH VADER run on Fx about 5 years ago. It was my last. Black Powder Coat is textured to match the printed grip and the trans copper is gorgeous. Overall, from grip to tip the saber is 35 1/4"...the exact length that he asked for. Apparently that is a virtually impossible length to get. The CFv6 is configured for use in this saber. The saber only has 2 sound fonts. Novastar and Ep IV. The first bank is silent (poweron and poweroff only) and has no FoC. Bank 2 is the same as bank 1, but has FoC. Bank 3 is Novastar configured not to give unwarranted motion sounds and has no FoC. Bank 4 is the same as 3, but it has FoC. Bank 5 is Ep IV with no FoC and finally, bank 6 is Ep IV with FoC. He wanted to be able to choose his configuration depending on how he was using the cane at the time. The switches are hidden in the grooves of the grenade section and are at finger's length so he can manipulate them while actually using the cane. The activation switch is furthest away (and red) while the aux switch is right where his finger sits. I have indeed tested it extensively and it works perfectly. Well, I guess that's it. Hope you guys enjoy. I am exceptionally proud of it.

Particulars:
    MHS and printed Saber Cane V4 Hilt
    Thick-walled blade with rubber tip (overall length of saber 35 1/4")
    CFv6 with FoC enabled on banks 2,4,6. Novastar and Ep IV by Novastar.
    LDM Powder Coating
    Machined ResonanceTM with 2W speaker
    7.4V Li-ion (14670, 1000mAh) w/recharge in pommel
    Crystal PommelTM
    LEDengin RGGB (B blade and R FoC)
    Hidden switches
    Rebellion Pommel insert

The BMT:

The Glams and FoC:

Sab
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

That is sweet! I'm sure the Client will find it motivating... it makes me want to go for a stroll and I'm just looking at the glams. Is the grip section a plastic or metal, if that question doesn't violate a trade secret?

a nice saber! but how sturdy is it, can you rely on the cane when you need it or is it more for show?
    great work, as always!

Quote Originally Posted by amwolf View Post
    That is sweet! I'm sure the Client will find it motivating... it makes me want to go for a stroll and I'm just looking at the glams. Is the grip section a plastic or metal, if that question doesn't violate a trade secret?
    I'm guessing plastic from his description:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    ... This is the first one I have created with a 3D printed curved grip. ...
    In any case sweet cane, well done.

Another sweet cane saber LDM; i'm sure that gentleman will love it.
    I really dig that Alliance pommel cap!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by amwolf View Post
    Not at all. It is very thick plastic. Non bendable and very durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Batosai View Post
    a nice saber! but how sturdy is it, can you rely on the cane when you need it or is it more for show?
    great work, as always!
    All of my canes are made to be used on a daily basis (or I wouldn't build them ) So far, none have broken or failed in any way.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams

It looks great. All that detail in the 3d printed handle adds a lot to it. I'm sure your client will get a lot of good use out of the cane, and it should start a ton of conversations.

I've been meaning to build one for myself one of these days (darn you sciatic nerve!), and I was curious if you'd ever used clear lucite as the blade material? I've seen ordinary walking canes made with it, and wasn't sure how the polycarbonate blades compared in terms of supporting weight.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thick walled poly-C with diffuser is excellent. I have not tried the Lucite.

I'm sure the lucite would be heavier, since it's a solid piece of plastic. Good to know about the thick-walled blades. I'm sure I can track down an appropriate rubber foot at the hardware store.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I'm sure the lucite would be heavier, since it's a solid piece of plastic. Good to know about the thick-walled blades. I'm sure I can track down an appropriate rubber foot at the hardware store.
    Yeah, they are 1" and come in a 4 pack.