Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Potential Shadowing with a FOC led string

The flash effect I mentioned is only possible with one soundboard on the market, and it isn't the Crystal Focus. If I recall correctly, all of Plecter Labs' boards do require the external circuit to achieve FoC. I only mentioned the same-color flash as a possible alternative.

No that cool, good for future reference. Which sound board are you actually referring too btw?

I am told that it's bad form to bring up "the other guys" on this forum, considering it's linked to TCSS' store. If you run a Google search, you should be able to come up with a list of available boards and their features. Try using the term "Dual Phase", since that feature is one that is (to my knowledge) unique to this board.

One more caveat: I have not attempted a blade string with this board. I am only mentioning that it should be feasible, given that strings are essentially the same as stars, as far as powering them goes. All you're really doing is spreading out the current across many smaller LEDs. Common anode RGBs should work well enough for this purpose. They're kind of expensive, though, so I would read up on everything and practice lots before attempting it. You could be looking at a $100+ blade.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedWrath View Post
    I am told that it's bad form to bring up "the other guys" on this forum, considering it's linked to TCSS' store. If you run a Google search, you should be able to come up with a list of available boards and their features. Try using the term "Dual Phase", since that feature is one that is (to my knowledge) unique to this board.

One more caveat: I have not attempted a blade string with this board. I am only mentioning that it should be feasible, given that strings are essentially the same as stars, as far as powering them goes. All you're really doing is spreading out the current across many smaller LEDs. Common anode RGBs should work well enough for this purpose. They're kind of expensive, though, so I would read up on everything and practice lots before attempting it. You could be looking at a $100+ blade.

1. It is bad form to bring up "competitors" here.

Since the subject came up... as far as I have seen, no one has done a string blade with the board being thought of. Also, FoC and Dual Phase are two different effects/functions/however you wish to describe them. And FoC (which the OP asked about) has been available on Plecter Labs boards for several years now.

As a side note to all this... The CF-LS is a fairly new board that came out (on a very limited basis) and is still being worked on/improved, etc. etc. And the $100. plus estimate is pretty close to the mark.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I was unclear in my wording. I meant to say that Dual Phase was a reliable way of searching for the board, not meaning to imply that they were the same thing. I also did not intend to imply otherwise about Flash on Clash. As far as I know, the standard FoC functionality was invented by Plecter Labs.

Sorry for any mixups.

Oh I check the Plecter labs page most days seeing if there is stock. But as I mentioned, I'm impatient so I will use a PC until they come into stock. The other information is good as I am sure I will make others after this.

Impatience got me a semi-fried board. I really recommend practice before attempting any soundboard installs. Check and recheck your design, and plan everything. I would hate to see you lose a $125 board because of a missed step.

Thanks yeah, that's good advice... now I am worry and need to recheck my master plan