Thread: Need help with diagram for Momentary Switch

Cool Need help with diagram for Momentary Switch

As my second official post, I would like to humbly ask for help on making sure I find a wiring diagram that matches my setup. Most diagrams I have found have responses that say "your thumb will be tired..." from needing to hold the momentary button in. Here is what I need to wire up:

-16mm Anti Vandal Momentary Orange Ring Switch
    -2.1mm Power Jack (for kill port)
    -Premium Speaker
    -Battery Holder with JST connector (will be using one 18650 li-ion rechargeable I already have)
    -Nano Biscotte Sound Module V1 (including the wiring harness)

I would like the ring on the switch to light up and stay on, whether the blade is or not. I want everything to turn off via kill switch (I believe that didn't need to be stated, but just in case...) Are these things possible? Thanks in advance for your sage wisdom!
    Last edited by JediRebel; 03-30-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Updated to the correct switch

Getting the light in the switch to go on and off with the kill plug is very doable.

The only issue I see that that you have a latching AV switch. The NB requires a momentary switch. We use latching switched on stunt blades (no sound board) typically.

As to the LED in the AV switch, you want to wire it to the positive the NB with a resistor (of about 190 ohms for a gentle glow) and the negative of the NB.

D'oh! I forgot to update the switch. I am actually using an orange momentary AV switch now. My main goal is to get a visual representation of the overall layout with all wires included. I understand a lot better when I can see it

Anyone able to help?

Quote Originally Posted by JediRebel View Post
    Anyone able to help?
    You could try reading pages 7, 8 and 10 of the manual. Page 8 shows the general wiring, page 10 shows how you would wire up the LED portion of the AV switch, and page 7 shows how you would wire up the recharge port. You could always try to make your own diagram based on those three and we can critique it from there. OR you could also look around (which might take a while) and see if anyone else posted their diagrams, I'm fairly sure someone probably has by now.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thank you for the response! As I have not received my package yet (still "in process"), I wasn't aware the manual had diagrams XD I guess I can continue searching around here until it shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by JediRebel View Post
    Thank you for the response! As I have not received my package yet (still "in process"), I wasn't aware the manual had diagrams XD I guess I can continue searching around here until it shows up.
    The manual is a PDF you can find here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Na...e-V1-P806.aspx

Just click where it says, "Owners Manual.)

Already saved to my PC. Thanks!

Thanks to dgregory, I think I have my schematic! I have highlighted an accent LED that is not in my build that I would remove from the plan. Will this setup ensure that I don't have to hold the button down the entire time the saber is on?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Nano Biscotte board listens for an action from the momentary switch. It will automagically keep the saber lit until you either press the momentary switch a second time, or the battery dies. You won't need to hold the button down.

It's perfectly fine to cut out the accent LED in that diagram if you're not going to use one.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!