Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Harley" Saber Build

Default "Harley" Saber Build

Here is my newest build. It was a custom job for a friend of mine. She is a huge harley davidson fan & wanted a lightsaber with a harley theme. If you notice there are no switches. They are all build into the handle bar and break mechanism.

Here are the specs:
    7.4v Li-ion 1050mAh 14650 Battery Pack
    Igniter R2 and Tru-color boards
    BGRW led engin
    Kill key under the sound vent
    8 accent leds hidden under the seam of the leather grip
    2W bass speaker
    Aluminum tube, hand cut.
    blade holder style 3
    sink tube adapter

I could not find a desent way to hold the break mechanism in place, so i had to hand build the clamp using a sheet of steel. I then bent it around the tube and cut it to fit. Finised off by powder coating it black.
    The speaker is also side mounted right under the LED heatsink, just above the sound vents. So its out of sight.

The SD card is accessable right behind the break. So you dont have to take it appart to get to the sd card.

IMG_9535.jpgIMG_9536.jpgIMG_9537.jpgIMG_9539.jpg

That is a highly imaginative build. Using the brake lever that way would never have occurred to me. All she needs now is a speeder bike...

I had originally planned to build a sound font using harley motorcycle sounds....but as it turns out, i dont know a nearly enough about sound editing

Also the chasis design was a nightmare! Its just pvc, but trying to figure out how to attach the handle so that it would rotate to activate the blade while keeping it stable enough to hold onto while swinging it around too much trial and error. Unfortunatly i did not have the foresight to take build pictures.
    Last edited by Kaide; 03-14-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Here is a link to a terrible video i made so you guys could see it in action.

If it does not load, just give it a bit... last i checked it was still uploading to youtube

wow really really cool!
    "A correction added to one’s store of knowledge. It was a thing to be grateful for, not something to take offense at. "
    "Choose what is right, not what is easy"

That's really amazing!

Unfortunately, all the motorcycle guys in the office want me to build them one now.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Pretty cool one
    You should ask a sound smith to create a Harley sound theme for Ignter, would be pretty funny
    Clicky Sig =>

Pretty awesome idea and execution! I imagine this is what Corran Horn's lightsaber would look like if speeder bikes were produced by Harley
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------