Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: nano biscotte help!

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default nano biscotte help!

i'm having a sort of issue. i just wired up my saber (i picked up a saberforge hilt on ebay and wired it up using a nano biscotte, an av switch and a new led) but something's not right. when i connect the batteries, i get the bootup sound and lights around the av switch, but no sound and no led. i've no idea where something went wrong, i followed the wiring diagram and nothing. any thoughts?
    "See first with your mind, then with your eyes, and finally with your body."

Quote Originally Posted by jcook1023 View Post
    i'm having a sort of issue. i just wired up my saber (i picked up a saberforge hilt on ebay and wired it up using a nano biscotte, an av switch and a new led) but something's not right. when i connect the batteries, i get the bootup sound and lights around the av switch, but no sound and no led. i've no idea where something went wrong, i followed the wiring diagram and nothing. any thoughts?
    1. Are you using a momentary switch?
    2. Are your batteries(????) charged? You should only really need 1 LI-ion battery.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Force Aware
    Force Aware

1- I've got a momentary in there, but going to try a new one tomorrow.
    2- the saber came with a 3xAAA setup...

3 fresh AAA alkalines should be sufficient to power the saber, for a little while anyhow. It sounds like you don't have everything hooked up correctly. Take a pic of your wiring, or at least show us your wiring diagram.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Ill post a picture of my wiring but this is what I followed. I had sound for a minute, and it gives me the boot up sound when I pop batteries in, but hit the switch and no led or sound (though the blue ring around the switch is lit...$
    image.jpg

From what you're describing, you have power hooked up fine, speaker is good, and the accent LED in the switch is hooked up. You might want to verify that the switch itself is hooked up properly. Remember that the switch LED and the switch itself have two separate hookups. It sounds like the board isn't registering the switch action, for whatever reason. I'll be able to tell you more when I see pics.

Be sure you're using a fresh set of batteries. AAA alkalines don't last long at all.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Here's my wiring...image.jpg

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Ahhh I didn't take that into account! I have the wires run to the +/- on the switch but that's probably for the led!! How should I wire that then? Switch to switch but splice power to switch led?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check out page 10 of the Nano Biscotte manual for directions on wiring up a power indicator LED to the 3.3v pad onboard.

It would appear that the switch pads have enough current running through them to power an accent LED, though that is not their purpose.

The +/- poles on the switch are indeed for the LED inside. You'll want to connect the other two poles on the switch (assuming it has 4 poles) to the green wires in your pic.

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Got it all figured out!image.jpgimage.jpg

Sound and led works, clash is good, though I notice my movement sounds require a harder swing, which is neither here nor there and probably because I have a ton of wire in there (yeah haven't gotten good at knowing how much I need so there's just a ton crammed in)...but it works!! Switched from 3xAAA to same size NiMH rechargeable that I had at home