Thread: MHS Qui-Gon Jinn saber

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Default MHS Qui-Gon Jinn saber

hey has anyone made a qui-qon saber using mhs parts? i'm thinking potentially hilt style 3, but there's that ribbed section between the activator and the emitter that i'm having troube figuring out...only thing i could think would be to get a blank piece and have tim do a custom section, or potentially use the 9" double female adapter and have him mill the ribs and a switch hole into that? any ideas or thoughts?
    "See first with your mind, then with your eyes, and finally with your body."

Quote Originally Posted by jcook1023 View Post
    hey has anyone made a qui-qon saber using mhs parts? i'm thinking potentially hilt style 3, but there's that ribbed section between the activator and the emitter that i'm having troube figuring out...only thing i could think would be to get a blank piece and have tim do a custom section, or potentially use the 9" double female adapter and have him mill the ribs and a switch hole into that? any ideas or thoughts?
    That middle section is extremely hard to deal with. On the FX forums, there was a small run of accurate QGJ hilts done, and those grips took a whole lot of work (and specialized equipment to get right). I saw one of the VV/SC prototypes in person and it was great.

You could ask Tim (when he comes back) if he could try to approximate something (but it won't likely be too accurate).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    That middle section is extremely hard to deal with. On the FX forums, there was a small run of accurate QGJ hilts done, and those grips took a whole lot of work (and specialized equipment to get right). I saw one of the VV/SC prototypes in person and it was great.

You could ask Tim (when he comes back) if he could try to approximate something (but it won't likely be too accurate).
    i'm looking more for a generally close but not entirely accurate representation. ultrasabers has something similar - the consular saber - but i'd rather make it myself if it's possible. hilt style 3 seems pretty close to the main portion of the hilt, but that area above the switch just before the blade holder is what i'm like, how the heck do i do that? i already emailed tim and waiting to hear back
    "See first with your mind, then with your eyes, and finally with your body."

I am using a 9" mhs blank extension for a qui style build. It won't be perfect as I am just putting some grooves in it myself, but Pair it with a MHS pommel 7, BH 18, and a shroud, and you have something pretty darn close. I also considered a main body style 3 combined with a blank extension style 3 customised by Tim to simulate the ribbed section above the switch on Qui-Gonn's saber.