Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Planet Elemental Found on Kashyyyk

Default Planet Elemental Found on Kashyyyk

This is a custom carved & painted PVC hilt.
    1" trans white thick walled blade
    2010 Obi Wan econo board
    TCSS Clash sensor
    Two TCSS swing sensors.
    Pnp transistor & 1 ohm 2 watt resistor
    P4 green led w/ 5 degree lens
    1 18650 trustfire
    TCSS red dot guarded mom switch
    TCSS Speaker
    Recharge port & accent led in the pommel

This saber & the 3 others to follow have been inspired by Voltron, & Avatar The Last Air Bender. These sabers are elemental sabers. I've been thinking about this idea for well over a year. I originally wanted to cast the hilts out of resin, but later found out that would not be a good idea. After carving on my Nihl saber, I realized I can build the elementals out of pvc. The first is The Planet Elemental (Earth Elemental) Instead of Earth I'm calling it Planet since Earth isn't mentioned in the SW universe. I kind of have a story worked out for the Elementals. Bare in mind I'm not a writer.

Legend has it that a long time ago around the dawn of the Jedi & the Sith. The force created four lightsabers, & it is said that who ever poses any of these lightsabers also gain special force abilities suited to the saber. 1st, The Planet Elemental, who ever posses this saber gains the ability of great concealment & stealthiness. They also have a strong force connection with whatever habitat they're in. 2nd, The Water Elemental, who ever posses this saber gains the ability to breath & function underwater as if its barer is on land. They also have a force connection with under water creatures. 3rd, The Fire Elemental. It is said that this Elemental was born from the dark side of the force & who ever posses this saber is immune to fire, & can also manipulate & control flames. 4th, The Wind Elemental, who ever posses this saber gains the ability to force jump, leap greater distances, & be able to control the wind. These Elemental sabers have been scattered trough out the galaxy, & lost over time. Like I had said they're existence is only in legend, until now. The Planet Elemental was found in the deep, deep uncharted woods on Kashyyyk.

Well that's the thought behind my Elemental sabers.

The innerds:

A little Video Action:
    http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/a...tElemental.mp4
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 05-29-2011 at 11:40 AM.

That's some serious sculpting. And the paintjob really finishes it off! It looks very much like wood, and the little curve you put into it makes it even better!

Overall this saber is very very cool. The carving on that PVC, paint, and weathering are all awesome. The seam doesn't really bother me as much as the switch. You really should make it look like a bug or some type of small mushroom. I'm not crazy about the recharge port being so visible otherwise I think it looks great. The moss is awesome! it would be cool if you went further with the moss by using something to add texture. I was kinda expecting MHS this time around but overall you pulled through with an awesome saber. Good job!

DM - I knew this was yours from the moment I saw it in the contest.
    I have to say this is probably your best saber to date. The paint and weathering are great! I do have to agree with CC though, could use something to "hide" the switch & recharge port some. Looks great other then that!

Did you replace the on-board clash with a TCSS one? Does it work better then the "stock" one?
    Yub Yub Commander.

Thank you guys. Karen, I thought about using some of the grass stuff people use for model train layouts. I was just worried about it rubbing off. I see what you're saying about the switch, & I agree, maybe I can find something to put over it. I did have fun building it, but I always have fun building sabers.

Knighthammer, I did replace the stock clash sensor with the TCSS one. I honestly think they're about the same. I did notice a big difference with the swing sensors though.
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 05-29-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Another cool saber from the master of PVC.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Another cool saber from the master of PVC.
    Thank you Arkm.

That is a great work of art there. Your PVC skills are now complete. Now it is time to embrace the MHS and your journey to the aluminum side will be complete.

This is what happens when Wookiees build lightsabers: tear off tree branch, add lightsaber components, kill Sith..... or anything that angers it.

The craftsmanship is just... just perfect. I love every bit of this saber from top to bottom. I would have been so mad had you used a color other than green for the blade. I have nothing bad to say and nothing good to add. Just plain amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    That is a great work of art there. Your PVC skills are now complete. Now it is time to embrace the MHS and your journey to the aluminum side will be complete.
    Thank you Sunrider. I do plan on a journey with the aluminum side. I love your Yoda picture, that's to cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    This is what happens when Wookiees build lightsabers: tear off tree branch, add lightsaber components, kill Sith..... or anything that angers it.

The craftsmanship is just... just perfect. I love every bit of this saber from top to bottom. I would have been so mad had you used a color other than green for the blade. I have nothing bad to say and nothing good to add. Just plain amazing.
    That's too funny. Thank you Yoshi. I agree, green is the perfect color for this saber. Again, thank you.