Thread: New but....not so new saber.

Default New but....not so new saber.

I recently got finished upgrading this saber. I've had it on the wall for a couple years now. I decided that it needed better sound, sound that was not on an SB that was a pain to wrangle into a hilt, and over all better sounding that what I had in there. Don't ask about the SB that was in there, I'm a little embarrassed
    Anyhow...

All the parts are from TCSS the NB that I recently purchased I very much dig Did the weathering myself. With the exception of the clamp, years in a tackle box did the weathering for me. I have a P4 Blue with an 18500 for my power source. The charge port I located at the top of the saber in the clamp.
    Thanks for looking.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-TOR-Jedi-hilt
    EDIT: BTW this is what it "used" to be
    Last edited by Noyl Wendor; 08-04-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

"Four thumbs up!" says General Krell.

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

Always enjoy your weathering. Great upgrade!

Tackle box weathering? That's a new technique.

Looks fantastic! Great job.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Awesome-looking saber! The weathering came out perfectly!

I think a tackle box weathering tutorial is in order...
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

"tackle box weathering" is awesome although you can do a less time consuming version with some sand paper, vinegar, and rain water. Still takes a couple months

It's not true "tackle box" weathering unless you have half rotted rubber twister tail grubs semi-permanently 'stuck' to the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by GFJedi View Post
    It's not true "tackle box" weathering unless you have half rotted rubber twister tail grubs semi-permanently 'stuck' to the parts.
    LOL how did you know? It took me a while to decide if I would leave those on or not LOL

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Where can I get one??!??! Totally dig the saber! Although my detective skills tell me you MUST have had something like a Hasbro board in it if you were embarassed :P It's okay, we all start somewhere I definitely dig the weathering, and I like the LED choice. Very bright, very fitting. I like this a ton! All around, I give this saber a 9.5/10! Keep up the good work!

Well you can build one all the parts came from TCSS. So not very hard to copy. I had an Obsidian in it for a while. I decided to do a refit with some new sound. this is how it ended up. However since posting these saber pics I have again updated this saber with a different emitter and pommel. just could not help it, I will get some new pics up soon.
    the new design I have is very similar to something one of the forum members here did. I ended up switching some parts around and found that my saber resembled one that was built and shown here some time ago.
    Edit: here are the pics of the new design that is not so new, again I would like to stress that this design is not mine. It came out of one or two of the heads of far more experienced builders than myself. I do very much like the new set up

Last edited by Noyl Wendor; 08-22-2013 at 05:26 PM.