Thread: Yoshi-Taka's "Bon Bon v2"

Default Yoshi-Taka's "Bon Bon v2"

So I was making some changes to the original Bon Bon saber, and I ended up snapping one of the speaker wires while messing with the SD card. Oops. Well, I had to take it apart to resolder the speaker to the board. I figured "hey, I'm already modifying things, let's get a bit more creative". So I made some physical changed to the saber, as well as going to a soundfont that feels more appropriate for how I've been feeling lately.

First thing's first: I took the D-ring off the pommel. I love d-rings, but it's horrible for a pommel. So I removed it but kept the pommel insert because it still has plenty of holes for sound. But that meant putting a d-ring elsewhere. I had no room anywhere but the emitter. I found a spare covertec wheel so I put it on the emitter instead of a d-ring. I also secured the recharge port a bit better. Only thing left is to secure the battery so it stops rattling and moving. Not sure how I'm gonna do that. Anyway, onto the pictures. specs, and video. Here we go!

SPECS
    -all MHS parts
    -Seoul P4 LED (blue)
    -3.7V 2600mAh 18650 li-ion battery
    -2.1mm recharge port + small-style kill key
    -2W bass speaker
    -Generic momentary switch from Radio Shack
    -8-32 blade retention screw
    -Nano Biscotte V1.0 (Madcow's "Vader OT" font + custom boot) (probably my favourite font at the moment)

Yes I hate covertec wheels, but this one is placed comfortably. Even so, it's a bit Sith-ier of a saber, so uncomfortable isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Nice hilt. I just like that RS switch that you use. I might have to get me one. Though do they work good? I've used a speaker from them before in the past to fix a custom saber first time but it blew on me. xp
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

The switch is very reliable. I've used them several times in different builds. They fit snugly in the "guarded style" MHS main bodies, which is why I use it if I need a cheap switch. I've never had a problem with accidentally turning my sabers off with it during practice, which is good.

Subtle but nice modifications Yoshi. I've been thinking about a building a reverse-grip style hilt with a covertech wheel on or near the blade holder, so it's nice to see this done. And i like the placement of it opposite to the other retention screw. Kind of reminds me of the original graflex saber, looking busy with all those knobs and buttons.
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Thanks. Subtle was the aim here. The covertec works well on the emitter mostly to keep it off the main body; I'd rather not have it interfere with my grip. It just happens to sit cozy on my belt like that, which is nice. I think my next saber will have the covertec on the emitter..
    The placement is a dual-function as well; since both screws are 8-32, the covertec and blade retention screw can be swapped around. Good for my ocd and lefties. But I like that "busy" look to it as well, especially with the windowed emitter. Lotta crazy crap going on above the choke on this saber, lol.

Welp, late to the party as I am, I still love Bon Bon. She's very pretty. I dig her "ears" (the covertech and set screw). They make her have personality. Gorgeous as always, Yoshi.
    "Bacon and cheese>squeezed lemon." - FenderBender
    "But, ya know...rules are made to be broken." - Yoshi-Taka
    LDM's Recipe For Noobs. Totally Worth The Read.

Ohhhh, I didn't think of it like that. Ears, eh? Hm..
    Thank you kindly. I rather like her, though not as much as the other designs I've made.