Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Custom Build Help

No, it wasn't designed for that. Though, if you used two NB's and 2 batteries, and one speaker, you might solve you balance issue that way.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

On the subject of balancing the hilt, you could try what I did on my Velocity build: Both due to the excess heat from way over-driving the LEDs and to counter the weight of the batteries ( a 4X14500 set), I epoxied a second copper heatsink (type 3 from the shop) to the back of the one that the LEDs are mounted on, which changed the center of balance quite nicely to the center area. Very nice design by the way, I really like how the shape won't interfere with hand sliding or repositioning. Have you thought about possibly making the blade have two switches, one for each blade? It might cut down the room a little but if combined with placing the batteries dead center in some of the acrylic chassis pieces, that might be another possibility to explore on balance if you haven't already.
    Off topic: What kind of puppy? (sorry, I'm an idiot dog lover)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Huber View Post
    On the subject of balancing the hilt, you could try what I did on my Velocity build: Both due to the excess heat from way over-driving the LEDs and to counter the weight of the batteries ( a 4X14500 set), I epoxied a second copper heatsink (type 3 from the shop) to the back of the one that the LEDs are mounted on, which changed the center of balance quite nicely to the center area. Very nice design by the way, I really like how the shape won't interfere with hand sliding or repositioning. Have you thought about possibly making the blade have two switches, one for each blade? It might cut down the room a little but if combined with placing the batteries dead center in some of the acrylic chassis pieces, that might be another possibility to explore on balance if you haven't already.
    Off topic: What kind of puppy? (sorry, I'm an idiot dog lover)
    Well if I have to have two switches I might as well just not do my custom build and stick with my two Shock LEs with the coupler I have and not spend the $400 on a new saber. The whole idea of me doing a custom saber is so I can do away with having to turn on two switches.

But idk I have two friends, one who is local that is just getting into saber building but has a much better grasp at it than I do atm. And one friend in Canada who with a friend of his is starting a custom lightsaber shop. So I'm relying heavily on them to help me out, along with getting on here and start reading and talking to people so that by the time like July rolls around I will have a better idea of what the heck I'm doing.

But I have wish listed pretty much everything I am looking at getting. I was thinking about going with the chassis, just to keep everything in place. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Vi...shlistId=28980

I'm just worried about not having enough power for both LEDs and my PC. Also I'm not sure how to charge these:http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/74...Pack-P699.aspx so right now I have to figure out my power supply problems. I'm fine with sticking with the PC. But one of my friends says I need another switch to run the blaster sounds and stuff on it. Is this true? (Not that I care about the blaster sounds, but if I have to use the PC then I guess I might as well have all the features useable.

As for the pup, she is an AKC Doberman Pinscher, her kennel name is Abby, her show name is still isn't picked because her parents have kinda odd ball names, and I guess when naming a pup you have to have their name have part of either of the parents names in there. I think that's a bunch of bull the breeder told us so I'm going to check that with the AKC before picking her show name, which I have to do with in the next three months before her first show. She is a family pet first, a show dog second, I figured it would be fun to show her, even if we don't win anything.

This is what she looked like a day or so after we got her, she looks so said because she had just gotten her first bath; I think she weighted in at about 14 pounds then: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...miss/photo.jpg
    And this is her the other night, so now weights 20 pounds: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2.../miss/abby.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Eiyame View Post
    Well if I have to have two switches I might as well just not do my custom build and stick with my two Shock LEs with the coupler I have and not spend the $400 on a new saber. The whole idea of me doing a custom saber is so I can do away with having to turn on two switches.

But idk I have two friends, one who is local that is just getting into saber building but has a much better grasp at it than I do atm. And one friend in Canada who with a friend of his is starting a custom lightsaber shop. So I'm relying heavily on them to help me out, along with getting on here and start reading and talking to people so that by the time like July rolls around I will have a better idea of what the heck I'm doing.

But I have wish listed pretty much everything I am looking at getting. I was thinking about going with the chassis, just to keep everything in place. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Vi...shlistId=28980

I'm just worried about not having enough power for both LEDs and my PC. Also I'm not sure how to charge these:http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/74...Pack-P699.aspx so right now I have to figure out my power supply problems. I'm fine with sticking with the PC. But one of my friends says I need another switch to run the blaster sounds and stuff on it. Is this true? (Not that I care about the blaster sounds, but if I have to use the PC then I guess I might as well have all the features useable.
    If you are using the PC, you should be able to power 2 LED's just fine. You would need the second momentary switch for the lockup, blaster block, etc. The NB was designed to have a lot less features, and run on much less power.

You could recharge the batteries either with a recharge port OR you could get the JST- tamiya adapter at the shop
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ta...pter-P701.aspx

Who are your friends? I know several people in Canada who are good saber smiths . Maybe I know those individuals.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 01-27-2013 at 04:27 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    If you are using the PC, you should be able to power 2 LED's just fine. You would need the second momentary switch for the lockup, blaster block, etc. The NB was designed to have a lot less features, and run on much less power.

You could recharge the batteries either with a recharge port OR you could get the JST- tamiya adapter at the shop
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ta...pter-P701.aspx

Who are your friends? I know several people in Canada who are good saber smiths . Maybe I know those individuals.
    Well, I might as well do a recharge port at this rate with this saber, though I haven't got a freaking clue on that, I'll have to research.

One friend lives in Seattle near me. But my one friend Tj lives up in Hoth (aka Winnipeg) I don't remember who he has teamed up with, but they are working on saber designs. I still just might have him build my saber if it gets any more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiyame View Post
    Well, I might as well do a recharge port at this rate with this saber, though I haven't got a freaking clue on that, I'll have to research.

One friend lives in Seattle near me. But my one friend Tj lives up in Hoth (aka Winnipeg) I don't remember who he has teamed up with, but they are working on saber designs. I still just might have him build my saber if it gets any more complex.
    Recharge ports are fairy easy. There are diagrams on how to do it in the PC manual, which I di recommend you look over. It's in the store where you buy the card.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by forgetful jedi knight View Post
    Recharge ports are fairy easy. There are diagrams on how to do it in the PC manual, which I di recommend you look over. It's in the store where you buy the card.
    Yeah I figured when I get a little closer, and one day when me and my friend shaye can sit down and talk about the build we'll read over the manual and talk about a recharge port.