Thread: FoC w/ Power Extender and PC 2.0

Default FoC w/ Power Extender and PC 2.0

I'm preparing to order a PC 2.0 sound card for my lightsaber. I'm running off a 7.4v 1600mA Li-ion battery. The FoC die is a white Rebel (off of a GGW tri-rebel). I'm planning on running it at 700mA (White seems really bright already...but would you recommend 1000ma instead?) So I need the Power extender, wire, and a 6.19 Ohm 3 W resistor? If 1000ma is recommended, which resistor would then be used? The 4.2 Ohm, 4.2 W resistor, right?

Thanks!
    "We don't have to win. We only have to fight." - Mace Windu (Shatterpoint)

If your main blade is Green (or Green/Green) then it's already pretty bright. You're going to want that White FoC at 1000mA in order to see it shining over the main blade. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/47...stor-P492.aspx is a good choice for your FoC resistor.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

How come the FOC resistors are so big? I was thinking it would be small enough to mount directly on the board. Is there a reason why I couldn't buy a much smaller resistor instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    How come the FOC resistors are so big? I was thinking it would be small enough to mount directly on the board. Is there a reason why I couldn't buy a much smaller resistor instead?
    1. Because they need to be that size to do their job. Unless you want to toy with SMD resistors.

2. Buying a "smaller resistor" would mean you would keep having to buy main LED's after you keep popping the FoC die.

As long as you attach both ends to of the resistor to the (+) wires, you don't HAVE to attach them to the PEx, you really just need the (-) wires and the control wire to be on the PEx.

Calm.. breathe... now back to work
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Good to know...wiring LED's is a pain (not to mention pricey with Tri-rebels), so I'll just wire in the resistor. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaryo Ysoyav View Post
    Good to know...wiring LED's is a pain (not to mention pricey with Tri-rebels), so I'll just wire in the resistor. Thanks!
    Mmmhmm. Glad you're seeing it my way
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com