Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Almost There...but a problem

Default Almost There...but a problem

I have everything wired up, solder on, and plugged in. but when I remove the kill key from the recharge port the saber boots up and turns on. It acts like the switch isnt even there, I can push it off and on and nothing happens. The only way to turn it back off is to reinstall the kill key. I am using this switch http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/16...itch-P704.aspx and here is exactly how I have it wired up
    Wiring.jpg
    Also on a side note, It sounds like it is constantly swinging, but that could be a configuration. I havent plugged it into my computer yet. It seems everything else works, FOC and the momentary for lockup and blaster blocking. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Do you have the SD card configured for a momentary switch?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

no it isnt, but I have noticed that my switch appears to be stuck in the latched position. So I believe I need a new one

Also from the looks of it, you may not have the momentary wired properly. The LED terminals are opposite each other, (east-west) and the switch terminals are opposite each other (north-south) on some of the AV's.

The wiring picture you have in your diagram looks like the back of a short latching switch - if you are using the one that can accept the JST connector, you might have a latching switch. You need to know for sure what you have so we can help you.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 12-26-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

its latching

Well, if you have a latching switch, set the SD card to normally closed latching, press the switch so that's it in the normally open (raised) position, and then you should be good.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Well I tried all the settings for the switch and nothing worked, so I took out the main and put my Aux mom switch in its place and it works as it should, once I set it to mom on the card. But I am still having a problem with the motion sensor on the board. With everything setting out on my bench it just sits there and makes the swing sound constantly. If I up the sens for the swing really high it seems to stop but if I move the chassis around to simulate swing it engages the clash sensor. Wondering If I accidentaly shorted out something when i was soldering.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Post your config file settings so we can see what they are set to. It is also possible that your battery pack might be low, is it fully charged?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Here is the config file

//Sound Font Comment
    lc=400
    hs=220
    ls=50
    i=41.28813171386719
    resume=0
    shmrd=210
    shmrp=6
    shmrr=13
    focd=200
    focp=6