Thread: First post, first saber

Default First post, first saber

So, first I want to thank all those folks that made build tutorials and or linked build tutorials in this forum. They have been very helpful in getting me started.

I am currently waiting for blade and electronic kit parts from TCSS. Can't wait to start that process. For my first build I went with a sink tube/drain saber. The hilt parts I bought at several hardware stores for under $38.00. If the internal build goes as well as this one I may create a tutorial for it, but lets not get ahead of myself.

Here are some images of my completed hilt.

IMG_1431.JPGIMG_1433.jpgIMG_1434.JPGIMG_1435.JPGIMG_1436.JPG

Welcome to the Forums. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

so far, it looks pretty nice.
    You going with sound for this first build?

If not, your still going to love it. my first 4 were stunt sabers. Working on my first PC build now.
    ~ The Yin ~

“Yeah I’m pack’n heat! It’s to prevent anyone from making me cold.”

For the saber building Younglings and Padawans: Basic Saber Building and The Saber Building Dictionary!

Looks like you're going to have a fine saber there, nice
    (and welcome)
    Clicky Sig =>

Thanks. Yes the plan is to do sound with an econo board. I've gutted my 2010 obiwan saber and am using the tutorials for wiring. It seems straight forward since the board is labeled and the tutorial explains things well.

Here are a couple more images for the hilt.
    IMG_1437.jpgIMG_1438.jpg
    Last edited by etujedi; 12-20-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: added images

So I received my blade and led kit. The circle is now complete...image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Good job me likey

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Thanks. The econo sound board wiring tutorials were very helpful. I look forward to machining some aluminum parts for more saber hilts. I think for my next build I'll try the white translucent blade too.