Thread: Temperature and wattage?

Default Temperature and wattage?

I am looking into a station that has variable temp controls and was wondering what temp would be recommended for working with the leds and such. I am trying to get at least a 60 watt setup since the LedEngins seem to have very effective heatsinks. Could I go with a lower wattage and not really sacrifice anything?

Temperature is more important. If it gets to about 250°C, you should have no problems soldering, even on a heat sink. Your soldering time should be less than 10 seconds anyway. Practice is the key to swift soldering/desoldering.

Something like this would be good for you. I have one very similar to this, and you can get extra tips.

http://www.mpja.com/Solder-Station-T...info/15140+TL/
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks for the info, I was limiting my search to the higher wattage units. This will open up more (and cheaper ) options.